type-r or type-s

Originally posted by fresh in a benz c220 (totally enclosed passenger compartment from the trunk)

which is better in a sealed box, one 10 inch type-r or type-s?

will be running off of factory deck.

fresh.
OK, thats the better section. So i'm guessing your going for sound quality because you only have one 10? I'd go with the type-r for the higher power handling and they have the ability to get slightly louder. What kind of amp do you have/going to have?

no idea, but something not tooooo expensive....

thinking of a mono or a 2-ch alpine... something in the range of $300 canadian. any ideas?

thanks

fresh.

Originally posted by fresh no idea, but something not tooooo expensive....

thinking of a mono or a 2-ch alpine... something in the range of $300 canadian. any ideas?

thanks

fresh.
Well, I don't know the US/Canadian conversion rates, but a JBL 300.1 would do fine on a type-r.

Im running a type s 10" on a 2ch alpine amp... sounds good.

But choose your amp first and then decide if you've got the power to feed the 300 watt rms the type r is thirsting for.

If you cant get up to that then take the type-s. Either way youll be happy with what you get.

note: both subs will take about 3-4 days of playing at medium volume to start wearing in and sounding how theyre going to sound for a long time.

Between 250-300 watts rms thru your amp go for the type r

any less, the type-s will do the job for you.

hey guys...

thank you all for all your advice and your pointers.

I just came back from the store, and I did it. I bought the 10inch type-r (4 ohm + 4 ohm) and the alpine MRPM350 mono v-power amp (350 rms at 2ohm or 200 rms at 4ohm).

Will that amp be enough for this sub(by enough I mean pretty **** fu***** good)? (sorry too excited).

and is there any problem running the sub at 2ohm? coz I know there is the other type-r that is specifically a 2ohm + 2ohm.

talk to me guys.

oh I forgot to tell you that I paid $650 canadian including tax for those and a "rox-box" pre-fab box. what do you think? good deal?

thank you all

fresh.

well sounds alright for going to a shop. idk bout that pre-fab box though. u could of probaly built one that is better and cheaper but u did alright though. it will probaly sound pretty good. u did good

I don't have the time bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

by the way, anybody know what is the diff between the SWR1040D and the SWR1041D???

I couldn't even find it in the alpine site. Anybody know?

thanks

fresh.

hey guys, talk to me if the amp is good enough?

and what is the diff between SWR1040D and the SWR1041D?

and can the amp and sub handle a 2ohm setup?

thank you all

fresh

Originally posted by fresh hey guys, talk to me if the amp is good enough?

and what is the diff between SWR1040D and the SWR1041D?

and can the amp and sub handle a 2ohm setup?

thank you all

fresh
Yes that amp is good enough. Couldn't tell ya the difference, and the amp can handle the 2 ohm load seeing as it has specs @ 2ohms. The sub doesn't matter, it's the amp that has to handle the ohm-load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.