Big Enough Aero Port For A 10" SSD?

ya why the .95?
well FIs says .9-1.5^ft tuned to 33 hz for 1 10" ssd. My truck box is already made and with sub displacement it comes to .97 and I figure about .02 for the aero or so.

basicly... my box is already made and I noticed that it is big enough to go ported per the specs of FI Audio. Percision Ports calculator says to get a 33hz tune I would need a 2" around x 7.75" long port. This would fit my box very nicely as the TD of my box is 5.5" wide and the lenght of the port would not interfer with the sub, but I guess thats not enough port for the sub?!? Am kinda confused

what about if I raise the tuning to say 37hz? how how that sound on the ssd?

with a 37hz tunning I could run (1) 3" x 13.5" aero or (2) 2" x 12.5" aero.

any thoughts on that?

am just trying to work with what I got. I guess this box is to big to run sealed as Nick says around .4 sealed for the 10" ssd is good.

Well if the truck is a single cab, and you won't really see the box much, I'd say put the box behind the passenger seat and run a 4" external port to the drivers side.

That is, if it is a typical truck box.

i cant do that as i need room for amps and other crap

if i raise the tunning to 35hz i can run 2- 2" x 14" aero out the side of the box.

i know it sounds like I have a feitsh with these **** 2" aeros, it just seems to be the only viable opition. idk i may just redesign a box.

ok i think i can fit at a 3" aero in my box if I use a 90* elbow bend. I forgot all about those until just now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.