Best SQ sub for under $250?

I was about to say I could fit a 12 GCON ported, but then I looked at the recommended specs. GCON's while in the same wattage range as the SA 12, require so much more box. I'm guessing this is a SQ thing.
Its all in the dampening you choose.

People often overlooked higher QES Subs(including me) thinking a large enclosure is required. In reality it's just natural for them to be put into a larger enclosure because the driver is nautrally more efficiency below and above FS. where there is less actual resonance on one particular frequency. Another words the curve or the Q at resonance is wider.

The only real downfall there is a loss of efficiency and higher power compression but what the 3-inch coil that won't be an issue..

If i was you id definitally do a 10 ported if you can over 1 12 sealed. You can get similar output and more lowend extention.For example the SSA Audio GCON?
I contacted SSA about the GCON the other day and they said they are not in production anymore. They are basically re-doing their whole line up it looks like.

I contacted SSA about the GCON the other day and they said they are not in production anymore. They are basically re-doing their whole line up it looks like.
I think you would be happy with a IDQv4.

Another woofer i really like.

[ SoundSplinter Subwoofers - RL-p 12" Subwoofer Information ]

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Ahit i think they went out of business! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Crap I was just about to settle on the GCON... ICON is too expensive for me.

I think you would be happy with a IDQv4.Another woofer i really like.

[ SoundSplinter Subwoofers - RL-p 12" Subwoofer Information ]

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Ahit i think they went out of business! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
ID is the fall back, manufacturer suggests sealed.

[quote name='Papermaker85']DAT is a xbl driver designed by old dan wiggins. Going to sound EXCELLENT sealed..[/QUOTE]

Was that designed by dan wiggins? I thought it was a redesign of one his later Adire products.

I love XBL^2 drivers though. I have a Brahma MKI and 2 Sundown Neodymium XBL^2 Prototypes.

@Grendel0501 Have you thought about running a 10" ported?

[quote name='Souldrop']Was that designed by dan wiggins? I thought it was a redesign of one his later Adire products.

I love XBL^2 drivers though. I have a Brahma MKI and 2 Sundown Neodymium XBL^2 Prototypes.

@Grendel0501 Have you thought about running a 10" ported?[/QUOTE]
i want to say he did design it. he does designs now n days..
i personally wouldn't use this driver unless its TL or sealed..

I told you to send me 160. Ill build you a driver no charge..
u say stuff like that but then u gotta ship it and i like to shop, make 10 subs take pics and put up specs and prices so i can "shop" them lol.. u can't have sub **** without pics..

u say stuff like that but then u gotta ship it and i like to shop, make 10 subs take pics and put up specs and prices so i can "shop" them lol.. u can't have sub **** without pics..
when you get it and hear it you will **** ur pants. lol

you know what if i can find some decent motors and parts for them I might build a few..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.