Best SQ sub for under $250?

Sundown SD-3 12 and you save some space as well. Great underhung design. The only issue is the output may not be up to expectations.

By SQ do you really mean SQ or would you be happy with a driver that didn't sound like shit? In that case you have a lot more options.

Looking for a 12 that will do well with 1.0-1.5 ported, or 1.0-2.0 sealed. >500rms

Sound quality is the primary goal.
well lots of 12's will work in that sealed size less in that ported size also in a small box lots of subs have good sq, box has alot to do with sq.. dc level 2 or 3 work in very small boxes they will even work in 1.5 cf ported (they rec smaller) not considered a sq sub but like i said box can make them sound pretty good.......... i'm looking at ct sounds strato right now they around $200 (some less depends on vc) they work in 1.5cf ported and should sound good, i would also say sundown sa should work ok sealed they like bigger ported but per sundown box recs can work in 1.5 but thats more for spl but i think they are decent for sq.. and like he said daytons are hard to beat for small box at the price.. i'm shopping to so if i find something to fit your needs i'll list it, all the other subs i like take larger ported box..

well lots of 12's will work in that sealed size less in that ported size also in a small box lots of subs have good sq, box has alot to do with sq.. dc level 2 or 3 work in very small boxes they will even work in 1.5 cf ported (they rec smaller) not considered a sq sub but like i said box can make them sound pretty good.......... i'm looking at ct sounds strato right now they around $200 (some less depends on vc) they work in 1.5cf ported and should sound good, i would also say sundown sa should work ok sealed they like bigger ported but per sundown box recs can work in 1.5 but thats more for spl but i think they are decent for sq.. and like he said daytons are hard to beat for small box at the price.. i'm shopping to so if i find something to fit your needs i'll list it, all the other subs i like take larger ported box..
neither of those subs are SQ subs. Most SQ subs require giant ported boxes as well. Only a rare few like the dayton ho and JL w6 are very SQ oriented that works in small boxes.

Sundown SD-3 12 and you save some space as well. Great underhung design. The only issue is the output may not be up to expectations.
By SQ do you really mean SQ or would you be happy with a driver that didn't sound like shit? In that case you have a lot more options.
What I want is something that responds well to alot of different types of music.

I think I want something that can be set to a higher crossover FS so that 50's and 60's music can have alittle extra boom. Should I add a extra bass processor to try and makeup for the factory radios lack of controls?

I want it to be loud, but my primary goal is good response across alot of different musical types.

What I want is something that responds well to alot of different types of music. I think I want something that can be set to a higher crossover FS so that 50's and 60's music can have alittle extra boom.

I want it to be loud, but my primary goal is good response across alot of different musical types.
thats mainly box dependent.

What I want is something that responds well to alot of different types of music. I think I want something that can be set to a higher crossover FS so that 50's and 60's music can have alittle extra boom. Should I add a extra bass processor to try and makeup for the factory radios lack of controls?

wouldn't it be better to get hu even cheap one like mine has 13 band eq and tons of audio setts and xovers for speakers 24bit da convertor $119

neither of those subs are SQ subs. Most SQ subs require giant ported boxes as well. Only a rare few like the dayton ho and JL w6 are very SQ oriented that works in small boxes.
yeah dayton probably best especially for the $.. what do u think about him getting new hu instead of some other processor?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.