Yep, another sub recommendation post. .85cu ft box what sub will give me the best lows?

dustint209

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Looking to keep it under $300, 500-1000 RMS, .85 cu ft gross box, 2001 Corvette. I would prefer it to be sealed but I'm willing to port it if I can fit a big enough port to avoid chuffing and still have enough air space for the sub. I'm looking at either a 10" or 12". I want to get the most low end out of the .8 cu ft available. Like mid 20's at least. The Dayton Audio HO 12 seems like it would be a good fit but I'm open to other suggestions. The box allows for 5" mounting depth.

IMG_6423.jpg

Last edited:
Your thread title suggests you know how frequently this is asked. Why do you expect serious answers when you clearly know your question has been asked before?

Lots of subs now optimized for small sealed enclosures. The Sundown Sa10 Classic uses 0.5 cu. ft. The JL 10w3v3 uses 0.65. I would pick the JL.
Wait, they are both 6" deep.
Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately both subs have a 6" mounting depth.. I guess I could raise the sub with a 1" MDF ring but I would rather not.

Looking to keep it under $300, 500-1000 RMS, .85 cu ft gross box, 2001 Corvette. I would prefer it to be sealed but I'm willing to port it if I can fit a big enough port to avoid chuffing and still have enough air space for the sub. I'm looking at either a 10" or 12". I want to get the most low end out of the .8 cu ft available. Like mid 20's at least. The Dayton Audio HO 12 seems like it would be a good fit but I'm open to other suggestions. The box allows for 5" mounting depth.

View attachment 49141
The Kicker L7s 10 or a Kicker Q-10, it ususes a .66 cu.ft up to 1.25 cu.ft and handels 700 rms. It's like a round L7.

View attachment 49141
The Dayton ultimax line of subs is a better in a sealed box than the HO imo.

View attachment 49141
The 10" Dayton HO is 5" deep and you need to account for the pole vent, so you need at least 5.5". I think your best bet might be the Sundown SD. To port in .8 cuft, I think you'll have to look at 8s. The Image Dynmaics ID and IDQ come to mind, they're damn near 5" deep.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...