Hannibal first impressions! Installed!

dudeogo

Actually a Potato
I have my Alphard Audio Hannibal FX30D2​ 12 installed finally! Its Being powered by an AudioPipe APCL1500.1D (TEMPORARY SOLUTION don't comment on the **** amp I only plan on using it till I can buy better and keeping it around as an in case of emergency backup) figured if it puts out bout 1200 normally or even rated after box rise I'd be about where I wanted to be for the Hannibal (750RMS) box is 1.9 cubic feet (Alphard recommends 1.75) and tuned to 34hz

1st impressions:

1. Louder than I expected! I know I can't quantify that, but I can say it was louder than I expected a single 12 to be

2. HOLY EXCURSION! Much more excursion than I ever saw out of my SA-15 that I had (both 750 RMS). On the low frequencies this thing booooogies!

3. I didn't prepare. I could literally see my box (whipped up quickly because it literally will only be around for a month or two) flexing and bending from the force of this woofer.

Will bring you more as the woofer breaks in. Feel free to ask any questions.

If possible, maybe play rap, rock and like jazz or something, to give us a review across genres?
Thats the plan. It's only been hooked up for around a half an hour or so so I've only run some decaf through it. I'm definitely a multi genre listener so I'll keep you guys up to date

Yep your right the box looks ****** lol
Lol! It will be gone in a month or two don't worry I messed up severely while painting and was just like "oh well I'm buying new subs in a couple months I can live with the ****** green box for a little while"

Meh, painted the inside port area green of my enclosure just recently. Yours looks neon green. Catches the eye tho..
Yeah, it is neon. I needed a color that would pop and match both white, the color of my vehicle, and black, the color of the woofer. I would have done a few more coats of paint to fix it, but all of my equipment got here and I just said screw it, it's time to get bassin!

Yeah, it is neon. I needed a color that would pop and match both white, the color of my vehicle, and black, the color of the woofer. I would have done a few more coats of paint to fix it, but all of my equipment got here and I just said screw it, it's time to get bassin!
looking forward to more reviews of the sub! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I can definitely say it's a low end oriented woofer. enjoying decaf with it. Great flat response on rap as well. I never really hear anything with any sub on rock? Like a tiny smidge of kick Drum but like nothing I feel in my chest. I need to probably set my LPF higher to get more of it.

I can definitely say it's a low end oriented woofer. enjoying decaf with it. Great flat response on rap as well. I never really hear anything with any sub on rock? Like a tiny smidge of kick Drum but like nothing I feel in my chest. I need to probably set my LPF higher to get more of it.
the difference between decaf and rock is about 10 db. Thats how much higher your sub level needs to be on rock and low bass genres lol.

Oh. What tone should I use to set for rock? Db wise
i set mine at 150 but mostly thats because of my coax don't play low.. but 120-150 would be good for rock, u should here when my wife put in george strait songs from the 70's on my cheap sub and prefab box it's really funny to see stuff in car vibrating to country lol..

i set mine at 150 but mostly thats because of my coax don't play low.. but 120-150 would be good for rock, u should here when my wife put in george strait songs from the 70's on my cheap sub and prefab box it's really funny to see stuff in car vibrating to country lol..
I mean like a -10 db tone or a -6db tone etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.