best duel 8" sub with around 1.5kw?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChasingTimez

Chase
Ohio
Been looking to upgrade my Memphis mojo single 8' and need some recommendations for a dual setup.

Anything under $1000 can work and looking for around 1k watts

im running it on my RF Punch P1000X1bd and might get a second one if needed.

Last edited:
Adding another 8" sub of the same type, upgrading to 2 new 8's, What kind of space (placement) are we talking about? Getting another P1000X1bd?
It's a great amp but if you're changing everything up, might want to consider a single amp upgrade as there are a lot of great 2K-3K amps for that $350 price point that even a refurbished RF is going to set you back.

Adding another 8" sub of the same type, upgrading to 2 new 8's, What kind of space (placement) are we talking about? Getting another P1000X1bd?
It's a great amp but if you're changing everything up, might want to consider a single amp upgrade as there are a lot of great 2K-3K amps for that $350 price point that even a refurbished RF is going to set you back.
What I was looking at was this so I don't have to build my own box and also it's a 2012 civic lx with 50k miles

Memphis Audio MJME8D1 Dual 8" 3600w MOJO Loaded 1 Ohm Car Subwoofer Enclosure https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GG84DG1/?tag=caraudiocom-20

What I was looking at was this so I don't have to build my own box and also it's a 2012 civic lx with 50k miles

Memphis Audio MJME8D1 Dual 8" 3600w MOJO Loaded 1 Ohm Car Subwoofer Enclosure Amazon product ASIN B08GG84DG1
Well that's 1 ohm, and so is your 1k watt amp. I would want 2K watts or a little more going to that Memphis setup, but a second amp of what you have wouldn't work. You're going to need an amp that will do 2k - 2500 watts @ 1ohm RMS.

Pretty nice. two 8's are better than one! Same great amp, essentially the same wattage split but would be fed to twice the surface area, powering two instead of one, should work very well!

If you really want to get going, throw one of these in the mix!

Amazon product ASIN B0BN2JLBQ6
You could most likely recoup the cost by selling the RF. Either way, looks like a nice setup!

Last edited:
Pretty nice. two 8's are better than one! Same great amp, essentially the same wattage split but would be fed to twice the surface area, powering two instead of one, should work very well!

If you really want to get going, throw one of these in the mix!

Amazon product ASIN B0BN2JLBQ6
You could most likely recoup the cost by selling the RF. Either way, looks like a nice setup!
Thank you I appreciate it

For $350 bucks plus Tax and tuned to 33HTZ, this is a no Brainer to be honest. Might even look at the 10s?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...