Are American Bass XFL15s worth it?

I'd go with a 34 hz tune with those woofers if you are going with 4 cubic feet net each. It looks smoother on winisd. Along with lots and lots of bracing.
Take a look at the port area per cubic feet, usually want that within 12-16 range. You were at less than 10 before with the other design.

T5JbS.jpg
Okay, Do you think you could help me come up with a box design with those dimensions? If not its fine, ill try my best, but since i have less experience im more prone to **** something up haha.

Okay, Do you think you could help me come up with a box design with those dimensions? If not its fine, ill try my best, but since i have less experience im more prone to **** something up haha.
Thats the design and dimensions man. Its a center ported box with a straight shot port

wood cuts are:

top and bot 39" x 30"

back is 17" x 37.5"

sides are 17" x 27.75"

front face pieces(double layered baffling) are 17" x 16.375"

both port walls are 17" x 18.25

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the design and dimensions man. Its a center ported box with a straight shot port
wood cuts are:

top and bot 39" x 30"

back is 17" x 37.5"

sides are 17" x 27.75"

front face pieces(double layered baffling) are 17" x 16.375"

both port walls are 17" x 18.25"
I always thought the baffle was the port? What is the baffle? Sorry for being a noob xD

Those 15" XFL are impressive. I used IDQ 12"s Sealed for 5-6 years but once they went out I bought two of the XFL 15"s to replace them. I'm running them ported at 32 Hz with 3.5^ on each Sub. My amp's are two Incriminator 10.1 strapped and those sub's feel like a train hitting you. I'm very happy with mine and think you will like yours too.

Thanks, I feel like an idiot lol, Ill model the dimensions you posted and post back tomorrow

Looks sorta like this plain and simple front and top view(MS paint so what lol). Just remember to add plenty of bracing or you'll be tuned lower.

Also reviewed your other design again.. Dont you dare used 0.5 thickness for subs this beefy. 0.75 wood thickness man no lower than that.

Ht2Hs.jpg

Looks sorta like this plain and simple front and top view(MS paint so what lol). Just remember to add plenty of bracing or you'll be tuned lower.
Also reviewed your other design again.. Dont you dare used 0.5 thickness for subs this beefy. 0.75 wood thickness man no lower than that.

Ht2Hs.jpg
Alright man, thats what i figured^ and thanks so much for making that, alot simpler now haha.

Quality post right here:smash:
Obviously people post on a forum to ask questions, how about we help them instead of being negative and cluttering up a thread with mindless remarks...

To the OP, yes that amp will power the subs but how much space do you have?
Thanks dude, Yeah, i am new to all of these, so excuse me for not realizing some of this stuff at first, that guy is obviously a ****^ i wouldnt have posted on here if i wasnt looking for help.. But yeah i have been measuring my trunk and i wanna see how many cubes i could manage out of it. Ill post back results once i have a realistic number.
There is no need to be pretentious. You were a noob once.
It seems I have ruffled some feathers. Call me what you want, been called worse, I really dgaf.

I'm the type of person that thinks outside the box.....some think like me others don't think like me then you got people that don't think at all. I wonder why the OP would ask a silly question about an amp powering some subs.....of course it will. Any amp will power subs. The other issue I see is I have seen people on here, esp newbs, that have asked multiple times about how many db's will they hit with these subs and this amp......many times have I seen people tired of the question because it's too biased and equipment and install dependant. Yeah, I was a noob once. We all were. But I also didn't ask silly questions. I also took notes in my head before the internet was around on how-to's on my own. Maybe I'm just smart enough not to ask the obviously dumb questions or try and figure it out on my own. I don't mind helping people and pass on my knowledge to them. Perhaps in the future those questions that come up could be worded differently...I dunno, and it's up to them. Many times I see the same questions on here brought up over and over again.

It seems I have ruffled some feathers. Call me what you want, been called worse, I really dgaf.
I'm the type of person that thinks outside the box.....some think like me others don't think like me then you got people that don't think at all. I wonder why the OP would ask a silly question about an amp powering some subs.....of course it will. Any amp will power subs. The other issue I see is I have seen people on here, esp newbs, that have asked multiple times about how many db's will they hit with these subs and this amp......many times have I seen people tired of the question because it's too biased and equipment and install dependant. Yeah, I was a noob once. We all were. But I also didn't ask silly questions. I also took notes in my head before the internet was around on how-to's on my own. Maybe I'm just smart enough not to ask the obviously dumb questions or try and figure it out on my own. I don't mind helping people and pass on my knowledge to them. Perhaps in the future those questions that come up could be worded differently...I dunno, and it's up to them. Many times I see the same questions on here brought up over and over again.
Not really your a **** majority of the time to be honest.

So be a ****, then get called out, then get defensive. Strong personality. OP doesn't know he's asking a silly question so he's not really at fault. And it's not really a silly question. People not involved in this hobby don't understand impedance matching and other aspects of matching an amp to a sub. They are interested and start buy asking questions. You've just been around long enough to be annoyed when a person says something like 'do i need a 1 ohm stable amp for this dual 2 ohm sub? Or should I get a 4 ohm?" Those people have to start somewhere and as the ambassadors for the hobby it's up to us to educated people in a helpful and inclusive manner so that they stay interested and dive deeper. Without growing interest and people willing to spend money none of us will have anything to do.

When i say excessive bracing, it'll look something like this. These subs will flex a box apart if its not built right.
36804d1340499691-epik-15-diy-ported-subwoofer-p1030041.jpg
I am about a week away from buying the XFL 15's, i wanted to know what you think about a 4th order? Would it be louder and better for SPL than the ported? I think i will have enough room for one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.