American Bass XFL-1544 V2’s recone help,/ & soft parts spec sheet

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigMan813

CarAudio.com Newbie
I’m new to the form and trying to figure out the layout so if this doesn’t belong here move to right subject thread.
I need some help and advice on American Bass XFL-1544 V2’s recone kits as AB doesn’t carry them anymore for XFL line🤦🏻‍♂️,
so does anyone know what the voice coil spec sheet is for reference to rebuilding if no drop-in’s kits then anything that will fit and work I heard Soundqubed HDX3.2 15’s would work but that just hearsay as I have six 15’s I’d like to rebuild better and more powerful if possible I know theirs some people that can rebuild if last resort any help links or information is greatly appreciated in advance…🤙

Attachments

• IMG_3037.png
    IMG_3037.png
    932.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3038.png
    IMG_3038.png
    711.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3039.png
    IMG_3039.png
    876.3 KB · Views: 19
I have some 12s (4) and 10s(4) that I was looking to grab recone kits just in case a while back. Im not 100% sure, but I thought that PSI Platform 3 would work? or they had a recone kit that would work? Id check with them. they may even be able to direct you to a source if they do not have anything.

Yeah wish I did when they was under a $100 bucks like $89 shipped to the door two years ago now the online stores like psi and fix my speaker.com are high and you gotta send in the sub most likely with long waits, or pay $50 bucks to get a order in and get it expedited PIFFT😆
I kinda wanted to do it myself and can just need VC specs former winding height ID & OD coil mm measurements/ spec sheet…
Are you still wanting to get yours reconed I know two people on FB and they can and have their own rebuilding business, IDK if the price would be the same for you as yours are smaller or the same price but my quotes were $160 plus shipping from one rebuilder and the the rebuilder is $170 plus shipping.
I’ll post links here if you’re interested or if anyone else needs some in the future…🤙

directronix.net

Attachments

• IMG_3081.png
    IMG_3081.png
    525.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3082.png
    IMG_3082.png
    163.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3084.png
    IMG_3084.png
    447.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3083.png
    IMG_3083.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 17
Easiest thing to do is measure the gap and pole piece to see what coil diameter to use and measure depth to see what winding width will work well. If my memory is correct it’s a 3” coil and is standard size so anything with an inside diameter of 3”-3.02” and an outside diameter of 3.20-3.28” should be fine. Verify gap dimensions as I’m going off memory here.

Yeah I had torn one down and used my digital calipers to measure coil size ID & OD and winding height and spiders all had it written down and had pictures but the hell if I know what I did with that was years ago and had the XFL’s in my shed stored in the back go figure and they are buried and just being lazy to dig back out and was hopping somewhere someone had a spec sheet to do a parts list and shop around even the guys I msg that will rebuild them that know the specs wouldn’t give me the coil specs kinda of a ass move but that’s how they make their money doing only rebuilds/ recones and I can understand that as I’m a mobile A/C tec./mec. on semi’s and off-road equipment 12v/24v systems and people would call me all the time for my knowledge aka just fishing because they know just like I don’t know but have the knowledge just forgot…L😁L

Attachments

• IMG_2983.png
    IMG_2983.png
    573.7 KB · Views: 19
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...