Another beginner with questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
Don’tknow if that will be a good setup tho. Still noobing out here

I think that your amp is more powerful than you think.
Screenshot_20201221-165612_Chrome.jpg

Same as the 85 - 89 Mercury XR4Ti in America. Thin door cards... you building door panel pods?
No i will box the speakers up and will fit some under the seat, dash and rear of the car.

I think that your amp is more powerful than you think.
To powerfull that it wont work? What would be better as a setup? Different brand speakers on one channel wont work as ive seen

Ah great, Guess i need to be verry carefull with thE gain.

Haven’t bought subwoofer yet. I only have the Amp and 2 6.5” EMF so far. Would like to have the sub on one channel. As i would like the component set To play left and right seperatly

like i said any recommendation is helpfull. If theres a way to better the system...

Ah great, Guess i need to be verry carefull with thE gain.

Haven’t bought subwoofer yet. I only have the Amp and 2 6.5” EMF so far. Would like to have the sub on one channel. As i would like the component set To play left and right seperatly

like i said any recommendation is helpfull. If theres a way to better the system...

You will never get anything close to good sound without good locations for your fronts. Is there any chance you can fabricate some sort of kickpanel location enclosure for them? Size of enclosure for 6.5" driver can be very small and still work fine for midrange duty. Just so long as the rear is sealed off. Kickpanel mounting for mids and highs should give excellent results if you can fit in that location aiming the speakers at the dome light.

For sub JL is fine and even Alpine type R is a solid performer and should be easy to find anywhere in the world. We could suggest several boutique brands but anything outside the mainstream may be difficult for you to find in Europe.

Most modern subwoofers will perform best in ported alignment but if your calculations or construction of the box are wrong it will be a disaster. Sealed box is very forgiving if you are off by even a large margin in volume from "optimum". Typically larger boxes will play lower and be more efficient though there is a point of diminishing returns where you will get little benefit from going larger and it may be that you don't even need the extra output in those frequencies to enjoy good music listening. The ONLY way to really decide is to test for yourself.... when it sounds good, it is good.

Thanks for the help guys! got the stuff installed for testing in my other car! Sounds pretty good.

Tuned everything with an O-scope. The head unit starts distorting at level 20 out of 35 or 40 orso.
But it feels like i miss some power especially on the sub.
But the Amp is putting out about +and-11 AC Volts for the testones and then starts distorting.

@11Volts im not even pushing out half the power of the speakers if i am correct
Meassured the resistance of the sub(2.3 Ohm) and speakers(3.7 Ohm each).
The sub has 4.8 Ampere and 52Watts from calculations.
The speakers 3 Ampere and 32Watts each

How can i boost this up? new head unit? or am i miscalculating/looking over something wrong?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.