Alpine Type R vs Eclipse Titanium vs Eclipse Aluminum (12")

I've had bad luck with used equipment and I've always found myself wondering what the previous owner did to it and would a new one sound better. That is a good idea though.

As for the TC, is there going to be a noticeable difference between that and the Eclipse?

I've had bad luck with used equipment and I've always found myself wondering what the previous owner did to it and would a new one sound better. That is a good idea though.
As for the TC, is there going to be a noticeable difference between that and the Eclipse?
TC=more sq the eclipse may be a tad louder.

Box will matter more than anything

TC=more sq the eclipse may be a tad louder.
Box will matter more than anything
I've probably got about 2 to 3 cubes to work with for the box. As for ported or sealed... I'm open to suggestions. This is all going in an extended cab F-150 powered by a JBL 1200.1. I'm pretty confident that the "loudness" should be more than enough either way.

How common are the TC's. I'm thinking about resale value down the line someday. Eclipse has name recognition which may help in that. I know I've been out of the car audio scene, but I thought I would have at least heard of TC in the past 5 years.

I've probably got about 2 to 3 cubes to work with for the box. As for ported or sealed... I'm open to suggestions. This is all going in an extended cab F-150 powered by a JBL 1200.1. I'm pretty confident that the "loudness" should be more than enough either way.
How common are the TC's. I'm thinking about resale value down the line someday. Eclipse has name recognition which may help in that. I know I've been out of the car audio scene, but I thought I would have at least heard of TC in the past 5 years.
I cant sell my Eclipse CD7000 and the iPod and GPS modules. Im practically giving it away as it is. Id buy what youd enjoy now and not worry about the resell value. Craigslist will always be there and so will eBay.

I cant sell my Eclipse CD7000 and the iPod and GPS modules. Im practically giving it away as it is. Id buy what youd enjoy now and not worry about the resell value. Craigslist will always be there and so will eBay.
Good advice. Thanks.

Is the Fi, IA, SSA boner gone?

Hard to find a thread without the Fi Q mentioned. Or the IA Flatlyne. Or even the SSA line up. It's almost refreshing.

Lulz.

As far as re-sale, I agree with whitedragon. It's not a seller's market. So make the most educated purchase you can and enjoy the product for as long as you can.

Is the Fi' date=' IA, SSA boner gone?
Hard to find a thread without the Fi Q mentioned. Or the IA Flatlyne. Or even the SSA line up. It's almost refreshing.

Lulz.

As far as re-sale, I agree with whitedragon. It's not a seller's market. So make the most educated purchase you can and enjoy the product for as long as you can.[/quote']

Wow... I'm feeling moronic here. I don't know a single one of those brands or models.

If you've got 3 cubes to work with, why not put 2 x 12" Type R's in there?
How was that be in comparison to a single 12" Eclipse Titanium?

I guess my issue with all of this is that I'm not aware of what the Titanium can do. I've had quite a few setups in the past (Kappa Perfects, Adire Brahma, MTX 8000, Orion XTRPro just to name a few) so I have a lot of things I can compare stuff with, but haven't ever heard (or know where to anymore) the Titanium.

The Ti was a really nice woofer, but pretty high inductance and really didn't play upper bass that cleanly. That is not to say the R's are the best at it either, but they have some good shorting and significantly lower Le.

The Ti's with their excessive stroke were low end monsters back in the day .. but most here haven't heard them compared to what is out today, so the "impression" of the Ti still remains, but the actual performance isn't worth the old price relative to today's woofers.

A pair of most any decent 12" woofers is going to outdo the Ti if they work well in your enclosure, which the Type R will. Do you know if you have the older R's or new ones? Is the logo in the center or the bottom of the cone?

The Ti was a really nice woofer, but pretty high inductance and really didn't play upper bass that cleanly. That is not to say the R's are the best at it either, but they have some good shorting and significantly lower Le.
The Ti's with their excessive stroke were low end monsters back in the day .. but most here haven't heard them compared to what is out today, so the "impression" of the Ti still remains, but the actual performance isn't worth the old price relative to today's woofers.

A pair of most any decent 12" woofers is going to outdo the Ti if they work well in your enclosure, which the Type R will. Do you know if you have the older R's or new ones? Is the logo in the center or the bottom of the cone?
It is in the center of the cone. I think it is roughly a year or two old.

I usually have my crossover set around 80hz. I'm not sure what you consider upper bass.

Titanium FTW - blow them and you can have it rebuilt like I did. Its 3hp motor is vastly better than the magnet used on the aluminum and the Type-rrrrrrrr

There are a few dudes in the classified who are selling those Ti for like 160 to 230.

eclipse titanium is a bomb *** sub. my cous had two 15"s on 4000watts they are monsters!!!!!!!! they are not as much sound quality as much as spl so you be definately be sacrificing sq. they are rated at 750w rms also. IMO alpine dont compare to eclipse. like they say up top, 250 for the tc sounds lms-r would be my pick. 1000 watts compared to 750 and the lms-r is designed for sq and its gonna hit the lows with 1000w rms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.