Alex's Silverado

I've also got a couple sheets of 4' x 8' birch. I salvaged the rear wall and floor, so that saved a lot of wood, time, and effort. I should have enough 2x4's to make both sides and the top. Then double-layered birch baffle with an extra layer of 2x4's on the inside. Should be sturdy as hell
I was hoping it wouldn't be
So the 2X4s are only enough to cover sides and top or sides top and baffle? I've NEVER seen a legit loud wall with less than 5 layers of 3/4". Do yourself a favor and drop another 100$ into wood to do the baffle right. 3 layers to mount on + 2 layers to flush mount into. You're off to a good start, absolutely no sense half arsing the baffle.

Not everyone is on here to talk trash to you Alex, do the wall the way you want to, take some good constructive criticism and maybe a few decent ideas on the build from positive people. The rest of these trolls are just moronic.

it means chill the fuck out
Why should I chill out?

Hey alex if you arent doing 150 then your life will be over!
Massivespl lives to do 50s

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
Like somebody on CACO said, hopefully I'm doing more than 150 with three 21's and 8k before rise

Should be good ....
Thanks. I guess the shitposting begins now

Well on Caco u can have uninterrupted build log and no one can reply
I saw that option, but just put my build in the normal section there. CACO actually has intelligent members that don't live to spam your build log. I don't mind their comments.

So the 2X4s are only enough to cover sides and top or sides top and baffle? I've NEVER seen a legit loud wall with less than 5 layers of 3/4". Do yourself a favor and drop another 100$ into wood to do the baffle right. 3 layers to mount on + 2 layers to flush mount into. You're off to a good start, absolutely no sense half arsing the baffle.
I thought two layers of birch and another of 2x4 would be plenty, but I see your point

Not everyone is on here to talk trash to you Alex, do the wall the way you want to, take some good constructive criticism and maybe a few decent ideas on the build from positive people. The rest of these trolls are just moronic.
Thanks man

I'm not legit to you? Darn

Hey alex if you arent doing 150 then your life will be over!
Massivespl lives to do 50s

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
Life begins at 160db.. I haven't even started livin yet. Some day I will. I'm trying to 160 from cpillar before I move to bpillar.

Life begins at 160db.. I haven't even started livin yet. Some day I will. I'm trying to 160 from cpillar before I move to bpillar.
What'll you do if I meter higher than you since I've got a B-pillar?? lol

I bet u will meter 155db with one tfe on 3 21s sealed on dash. I don't think u will beat my 157db. Meter don't lie. Lol it hurts feelings.
I'm just messing with you, lol. I don't think I'll be over 157 first try

I thought two layers of birch and another of 2x4 would be plenty, but I see your point
That on the shell should be really solid but with a router and flush bit, rabbet bit, and roundover bit you can stack 3/4 to make a baffle much easier and cleaner than trying to carve through 3.5 of pine to make your mounting holes and get a nice flush mount. Buy a second flush bit because you'll always break one when you're in the middle of something. The router should also simplify copying pieces elsewhere when you're trying to double layer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.