91 180sx Build Log

*patiently waits for new updates*
hehe i was just going to update. i jsut took some pics, but you will be disapointed because its not much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

i will update when i get back to residence

hehe i was just going to update. i jsut took some pics, but you will be disapointed because its not much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.i will update when i get back to residence
anything is better than nothing man, this makes me want to start a project lol

hah i suppose. well, heres where im at then....

basically i realized i dont have the time/money to complete this during school. i finish school in late april and will be working right away. this can go one of two ways...

a) i figure i need atleast 1500-2500 to complete the whole body work/paint job to the way i like it. i have a friend whos uncle used to be a body pro, and may help me for free, or close to it(he used to build a lot of show cars so this could be a good deal for me). anyhow, im going to try to set something up for late may. basically i need to fix all the **** on the left side of the car(pics to follow), fill rear old spoiler holes, shave the antenna/washed nozzle, old rear wiper hole and get the car sanded and preped to the best of my ability. if i can get a bit of prep work done, get the paint bought, and either trailer or drive the car to his house (~5 hours away) then i can get it painted in a day or two. this is the best scenario.

b) i finish school, wet sand the paint and polish it to a nice shine, fix the damage the best i can and spray it with a rust resistant paint and paint it a similar blue ( spray paint) and basically jsut put the whole paint project off for a while. this is obviously not the way i want it to go...

i imagine a is what will end up happening. i may be getting a job with Schlumberger, and if that happens i should be making pretty good coin(its one of the leading oil and gas companys around here. and if you know anything about alberta, it is we have a lot of oil and gas haha). anyhow if i do get the job, i will probably end up having a shop do the final important prep steps along with paint the car. other things that will be done to the car will be new seat belts, new stereo, including a sub stage, front components and probably an alpine touch screen. and i few other performance related things...(maybe front mount intercoler/boost controller.)

and if this is all done by june, i will be drivign the car to california for a few weeks and staying in newport beach. and of course that means a lot of pictures/videos. but thats a while off haha

heres a few pics i took today. jsut a few of the manuals for the different aftermarket parts in/on the car

IMG_0425-1.jpg

IMG_0427-1.jpg

IMG_0428-2.jpg

IMG_0429-2.jpg

IMG_0430-1.jpg

and a few of the car as it sits, i dusted it off a bit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif hah

as you might tell, i took a wire brush and metal polish to the mufler. looks a whole lot better in person. so shiny now. i am going to do the same process to the gas tank and any other visible peice under the car and paint it all black.

IMG_0431-1.jpg

IMG_0432-2.jpg

i also have the front clip zip tied on to just see if its still fits decently, which it does. clearly its not very tight and thats why there is so much gap between the pannels.

IMG_0436-1.jpg

IMG_0437-2.jpg

theres a before and after comparison of the mufler //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif (**** i need a new carmera. i think if i get the car completed that will be my first purchase. i cant show you guys **** quality pics if i do paint it)

before-aftermufler.jpg

thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

here are the pics of the damage on the left side.. its not actually as bad as i had thought, but its pretty nasty.

IMG_0440-1.jpg

IMG_0439-1.jpg

IMG_0441-1.jpg

the door clearance is off a few millimeters

IMG_0442-1.jpg

and the dreaded spoiler holes. 12 holes in total . plus one larger hole from where the rear wiper used to be. the 8 holes from the old air plane wing are open and the other holes all have been filled before but are starting to peak throguh the paint. so they will be filled properly

IMG_0443-2.jpg

nice to see some new pics, looks really good man
thanks, yea i guess its something hah

on a similar note, i have my system planned out. i figure i may aswell kinda keep this thread car audio related //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i will be running an active frontstage, and clearly the overall objective is mostly sq and a very clean natural sound. im jsut throwing some ideas around, im sure some of these will change

Source Unit: undecided. i want something that plays cds for when i want extreme sq hah and ipod control for daily and of course the long haul to california in the summer

Sound Proccesor: Audiocontrol EQL Dual 7-Band Trunk Mount Equalizer

Front Stage:

Mids - Dayton RS180-4 7" Reference Woofer 4 Ohm

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-374

tweeters - Morel MDT-29 1-1/8" Soft Dome Tweeter http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=277-010

Sub Stage

2x 8" ID8D2's wired to 2 ohm getting around 300 watts total

Amplifier

1 Zapco Reference 650.6 Amplifier

specs:

6-Channel amp with 3-Way Crossover, Band Pass, Bass Control and High-Current Sub Channels

-SymbiLink™ Balanced Input

-RCA Unbalanced Inputs

-2 ohm stereo stable, 1 ohm stereo on sub channel

-18 dB variable bass boost control

-3-way varrable electronic crossover

-Bridgeable

-Three to Six channel capable

-25-amp High Current Bi-Polar output devices

-Optically isolated MOSFET power supply

-Switch for use as stereo, single L ch. or R ch. bridge

-L+R sum mono for use as a bass amp

-Four layer PC board with heavy 2 oz copper

-Surface mount technology w/1% resistors,

precision caps, and massive ground planes

-High Current design allows maximum power at 2

ohm bridge on sub channels

Specifications:

Stereo, 4 ohms:6 x 50 Watts

Stereo, 2 ohms:6 x 90 Watts

Stereo, 2 ohms:Front and Rear / 4 x 90 Watts

+

Bridged, 2 ohms: 1 Sub x 325 Watts

T.H.D. + Noise:

S/N Ratio:>95dB

Slew Rate: >23V/uS

Damping Factor: >160 @ 4 ohms

Dimensions:31"L x7.5"W x 2"H

Suggested Retail $1220.00

Speaker wire/rcas : KnuKoncepts

well, some disapointing news...

after doing a lot of thinking (like the kind of thinking where it disrupts what you are doing) i have come to realize i simply cant afford this stereo at this time. i ran some numbers and to finish it the way i want it would be well over 2k. this being said, i am strictly focusing on the exterior of the car. you may see a head unit installed and thats about it for audio. i have had offers on the sideskirts and rear bumper cover so those will be sold soon. someone also may buy the front bumper when i am done finishing it. im not sure i want to sell it yet, but if i do i will be purchasing a full origin kit like this one...

orginstylish.jpg

if i dont sell the front, i will just purchase the side skirts from the kit above and will build a carbon rear diffuser(origional plan).

this weekend i will be picking up new seatbelts and a pillars covers for this car. i will also be selling a few things including a head unit, speakers, rear bumper cover, and maybe side skirts. so i should have some extra cash to get some more work done. i will be buying a die grander for sure.

i may have a parts car lined up in which i can cut out a new rocker panel to fix the major damage in the pics i previously posted. i hope i am able to get that fixed soon

Nice work...I can understand working on the car yourself and learning/practicing with the glass, but why put so much time into working on the front clip when a.) you might sell it or b.) it will probably crack again, unless you just plan on showing the car? You should go with a urethane kit...

I had an idea for the head unit too. Just throwing it out there. Not many people will know about that HU. If you're not going to use it, I think it would be cool to just use the faceplate (if it is removable, or some fabbing to make it useable) as a "cover" for your REAL deck underneath. Recess the real HU and then use the old faceplate to make it hidden. It would continue the JDM theme...just an idea...

if i sell it i wont get much for it unless it is fixed. if i fix it i can sell it for a decent amount

the car wont be a trailer queen and will be driven, hard. but not bagged on of course

i am trying to find a kit that i like that doesnt look like garbage, and isnt fg.

your idea is creative but i dont think i could bare not having a function head unit sitting there haha. i think im keeping it anyhow, so the jdm theme will be continued

on another note, i sold that gaudy rear bumper cover today and i also bought new seatbelts and a pillar covers. i am going to mould the boost guage into the a pillar. and if i buy new component speakers i will glass the tweets in along with it

IMG_0445-1.jpg

IMG_0446-1.jpg

IMG_0451-5.jpg

well i ordered in my apex'i power filter on the weeekend. it is suppose to be one of the best out there... looking through some old pics today i realized the skyline i was working on this summer had two. and that thing ****** some serious air //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif. it will cost about $120

IMG_0645.jpg

also i contacted a jdm parts dealer and found a used starter for 90 bucks+shipping. a new one from Nissan was $640CAD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

so im going to swap this one in so the car is drivable and then have the old one rebuilt and either sell it, or put it back in and sell the replacement.

well after trying to bumpstart it for a few hours yesterday we finally got the car to start

so here are a few videos and pics i took just now for you guys

after looking at these pics i realize i want to lower my car a few inches. it sits too high i think

IMG_0452-3.jpg

IMG_0456-3.jpg

IMG_0457-4.jpg

and the videos

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.