91 180sx Build Log

Im trying to decide on a color for the car... let me know what you guys think

dd17_033.jpg

elko_oct07%20089.jpg

n544845229_1629246_1115.jpg

#3 rockstar burner color..which is pretty similar to what the car is already painted (electron blue)

burner.jpg

personally i like the rockstar color. i think it would look pretty wicked

also, i am probably buying new side skirts soon...they are orgin stream skirts

180F.jpg

180R.jpg

i am really leaning towards the blue..red however is on almost every 240 around here, and well i want it to really stand out. i am going to the house of kolor dealer pretty soon to check out some of their colors and get this all priced out

love the car i used to own a 96 s14 w/ sr blk top conversion zenki for FTW lol, get some kouki taillights look 100x better are those the only colors your looking at? pearl white would look really nice

I would go for that red/black but as you said most everyone has it, seems red is a popular color (I myself can't get away from it and I never liked red on a vehicle lol just seemed need/model dictated my choice instead of color) The blue will be very nice on there.

Oh and I could probably fall into that "arrogant regneck" catagory, specially with my 1 ton 4x4 diesel lol, but your car is nice, and extra for actually driving a RHD car. They are not my thing, but most people who build them don't seem to have much taste, but then again its all subjective. Yours is nice and looks like it can be quite fast too, which no matter the build should earn respect.

Keep up the good work.

love the car i used to own a 96 s14 w/ sr blk top conversion zenki for FTW lol, get some kouki taillights look 100x better are those the only colors your looking at? pearl white would look really nice
nice. if i was keeping this car longer i would probably do a s15 front end conversion. im considering getting the kouki tails. i probably will...

pearl white would be nice...i just dont think it would suit this car all that well

I would go for that red/black but as you said most everyone has it, seems red is a popular color (I myself can't get away from it and I never liked red on a vehicle lol just seemed need/model dictated my choice instead of color) The blue will be very nice on there.
Oh and I could probably fall into that "arrogant regneck" catagory, specially with my 1 ton 4x4 diesel lol, but your car is nice, and extra for actually driving a RHD car. They are not my thing, but most people who build them don't seem to have much taste, but then again its all subjective. Yours is nice and looks like it can be quite fast too, which no matter the build should earn respect.

Keep up the good work.
i think the blue is the color that suits this car the best. im 90% sure this car will end up some shade of blue.

haha thanks man, i appreciate it. rhd cars are actually loosing some respect from the tuning comunity up here. i myself could care less what they think. the car is very quick and done right they can looks pretty **** sexy:D i hope my vision is headed in the right direction. thanks again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

also, i talked to my friend who imports cars from japan/germany today and he was saying his uncle is flying to japan soon to check out the 93 mk4 supras they are importing in the new year(when they are legal for import). anyhow... he was saying he would be able to cut the overhead costs out for me on one they import. so i would be looking at around 15k for one. the price is going to be so inflated its going to be retarted(i expect 20-25k or so). that being said, we'll see how it goes:cool:

the avergae price for a nice 180 is around 10k. so...you do the math //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Enjoyed the read. Good luck on the rest of the car, looks like things are coming along nicely!
I would also hit up the Rockstar Blue.

Also that Trooper is something else! Looks like a tank, lol! Have fun.
thanks, i will need it. it looks like i may need to have a new rocker panel put in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

but not too worry, i want it done right so if it has to be done...it has to be done.

and i am pretty much set on the rockstar blue. it will be house of kolor kandy, custom mix of course. around 100 bucks a quart //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

yea, the trooper is a beast. did 180s this year. thing was loud when it started up too...straight piped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

sorry i havent updated...i was really busy with school, then i was off for break and was lazy, then went to hawaii...now i go back to school this coming week.

sooooo hopefully the weather warms up. im going to try and get a hold of a new starter within the next two weeeks and drive the car a bit. then i will work on getting a new rocker welded in, and getting the panels back to their origional form. after that i will start prepping for paint. im still shooting for mayish for paint. we'll see //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.