91 180sx Build Log

subscribed!If u dont mind...

How much did you pay and how many miles?

nice play car for sure
5600CAD after taxes and all that. miles...i calculate 65200. the cars are in km, as are canadian cars( i live in alberta) and the odometer reads 105xxx kms

and thanks, it is indeed a very fun car

5600CAD after taxes and all that. miles...i calculate 65200. the cars are in km, as are canadian cars( i live in alberta) and the odometer reads 105xxx kms
and thanks, it is indeed a very fun car
very low milage and a good price for it also..

cant wait to see more progress.

Kinda inspired me to go out and find a car to work on.

very low milage and a good price for it also..cant wait to see more progress.

Kinda inspired me to go out and find a car to work on.
yea i figured it was a pretty decent price. these generally go for about 9 grand average(can be anywhere from 6-12 grand but of course there are one that are less...and ones that are more). the ones around 9 that the importer had in stock looked very nice(no body damage) but mine drove mcuh smoother according to the owner after i bought it. i wish i could work on this all week lol buttttt i must go back to school. gives me another thing to look forward to though

im glad i could inspired you. the way i look at this car...with the current value as it is...i can either sell it for what i bought now...or with the body work done/new paint i can probably make money off it. some may call it an investment.

heres the work i did yesterday....

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

then... after doing a layer of filler, i picked up some sandpaper and started sanding. before i could think to put my glasses back on(i always wear eye protection) a wind gust picked up some dust and some little peices of glass and kindly placed some in my eye. so...after trying to wash my eye out we had to go to the emergency room. after waiting an hour or so the doctor came, but my eye cleared itself out. she still froze my eye and did the tests to see what was on it.

long story short: never forget your eye protection when doing any body work. it was a stupid mistake and i payed for it. but im okay i think, and i dont think ill ever do that again. also im upgrading from glasses, to goggles. work time now...

the goggles. no more glasses for me...

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

the car will need a new starter or atleast needs the current one rebuilt. there is a flatspot in it so you need to bump start the car to start it hah...

nice work man, and that would've ****** if that glass got stuck in your eye. I actually looked about 2 hours ago to see if you put any new stuff up, and I'm glad you did. BTW, I was wondering exactly how different it is to shift with your left hand than it is with your right, just kinda curious.

nice work man, and that would've ****** if that glass got stuck in your eye. I actually looked about 2 hours ago to see if you put any new stuff up, and I'm glad you did. BTW, I was wondering exactly how different it is to shift with your left hand than it is with your right, just kinda curious.

yes it sure did ****. i always try to wear glasses and all it took was about 10 seconds lapse of being smart and it caught me lol. anyhow it was an anoying 2 hours or so waiting for it to come out...but its all good now

you know, some people say it is different and much more difficult...but for me, the second i drove the first rhd car(skyline) it was not any different. well, if anything i do like it more. Its not difficult to drive the car, but some menouvers can be more difficult. that and you dont receive a whole lot of respect from some drivers or cops.

no sorry, been rel busy with school. once finals are done im going to try and finish the front bumper.

i guess you can calll this an update...my friends(the just bought a 93 mark 4 supra which will have 700 bhp in the spring) painted their exteme 1-2 vehicle and have all the supplies/know how for painting vehicles. so by the sounds of it i will be painting my own car with help from them. some of you may know/know of them...team RipRock (their twins)

their trooper went from this...

18741b4.jpg

to this:

18741b1.jpg

18741b3.jpg

18741b2.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.