8" sub recomendations..... looking at DC audio.

I wasnt a huge fan of my sq hds208s. I prefer my sa8v2s much more.... but they are good for price, especially when they hit the 89$ sale price

The ss8 f8l's are out now

What about the Soundqubed HDS 8" cheap, 5.5" deep lower FS handles 600rms. Don't know if it's any good tho.
The logo reminds me of the Nintendo Game cube and I hated that pile of crap.

I was a Legend of Zelda fan as an adolescent and that console ruined it.

Probably some decent stuff, most common remarks I read about them is good power handling for cheap but lacks sound quality....

Also, I don't have enough depth available to use them.

Depth is the reason I'm looking at the Incriminator I8

I personally am running 2 Massive Hippo 8's on a Zapco Z2kd and they pound. I have ran and installed 20+ pairs/singles of the Hippos in customers as well as both of my kids cars. They are a performance bargain!!! The price on the Massive web page is inflated and noone sells them for that much. The Newegg price is consistent. There web link originally posted on the Hippo is the new XL sub that is an upgrade to the original Hippo. I have not tried that one yet. I have also used Atomic AP8's, Cadence Sw8's, and DD 608's. All were decent performing subs. The DD's just like the American Bass VFL8's use the same magnet/basket as the Hippo with different soft parts. I keep going back to the Hippos because of the ease to get and price.

I personally am running 2 Massive Hippo 8's on a Zapco Z2kd and they pound. I have ran and installed 20+ pairs/singles of the Hippos in customers as well as both of my kids cars. They are a performance bargain!!! The price on the Massive web page is inflated and noone sells them for that much. The Newegg price is consistent. There web link originally posted on the Hippo is the new XL sub that is an upgrade to the original Hippo. I have not tried that one yet. I have also used Atomic AP8's, Cadence Sw8's, and DD 608's. All were decent performing subs. The DD's just like the American Bass VFL8's use the same magnet/basket as the Hippo with different soft parts. I keep going back to the Hippos because of the ease to get and price.
How small of a ported enclosure have you built for a pair of the Hippos?

The manual says minimum for a pair is 1.0 cubes.

I may be able to pull that off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.