8" sub recomendations..... looking at DC audio.

I don't know anybody running any Massive subs. Although I have their amp sitting under my fireplace.
Btw OP, I can't upload a pic from PB, something ain't working right but I measured 5.75" mounting depth for the M3 8.
A appreciate your effort, I know how aggravating PB is.

lol that's ridiculous. SMD forum is a joke.
I got into it with Steve and his Second Skin rep on the forum. I posted an update to a build that was being done on a tight budget. Customer opted to use peel and seal instead of spending 5 times as much on a better brand deadener. I posted what the results were and they refused to believe it was anything other than negative. Then of course his minions jumped in the conversation. I won't used his forum, won't purchase any product with his name on it or even from a company that uses his name (Ascendant), and won't buy or install Second Skin products.

I agree that the Massive audio subs look to be well built.

I'm really not against trying some of them.

They, from what I can tell, just recently created the Hippo XL line to one up the regular hippo line.

I remember when the Summo line first come out it was rather pricey and is now selling for about 60% of the former retail price.

So I'm waiting to prices to drop again.

However they do require more airspace than most other brands, such as those previously mentioned in this thread.

Or atleast manufacturer suggestions show to need more.

The new massive XL64 (6.5") needs 1.1 cubes net per sub, IIRC.

This is only an issue for situations such as mine though.

Needing to redo a sub setup in my truck.Don't have enough room to port a 10" sub under there but have just enough to do most 8's.

Wanting to port it around 33-34 hz.

The DC audio m3 8" seems to fit the needs and wants of the situation but I've no experience with them.

DC make a decent sub?

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_88185_DC-Audio-M3-8-D2.html

Enclosure will be around .7 to .8 cubes, max mounting depth is about 6.5" and thats the magnet touching the box at that point.

Which sub would you use?
anyone mention this yet https://www.ctsounds.com/products/meso-8-d4?mc_cid=38fb131d48&mc_eid=24ede48dba

I agree that the Massive audio subs look to be well built.I'm really not against trying some of them.

They, from what I can tell, just recently created the Hippo XL line to one up the regular hippo line.

I remember when the Summo line first come out it was rather pricey and is now selling for about 60% of the former retail price.

So I'm waiting to prices to drop again.

However they do require more airspace than most other brands, such as those previously mentioned in this thread.

Or atleast manufacturer suggestions show to need more.

The new massive XL64 (6.5") needs 1.1 cubes net per sub, IIRC.

This is only an issue for situations such as mine though.
They are ok. Cheap ferrite so it has to be bigger. China specials.

I got into it with Steve and his Second Skin rep on the forum. I posted an update to a build that was being done on a tight budget. Customer opted to use peel and seal instead of spending 5 times as much on a better brand deadener. I posted what the results were and they refused to believe it was anything other than negative. Then of course his minions jumped in the conversation. I won't used his forum, won't purchase any product with his name on it or even from a company that uses his name (Ascendant), and won't buy or install Second Skin products.
Pretty much the same thing happened to me.....I was really expecting to get banned but didn't. A few people there were badmouthing the CAB. I happened to jump in and had made a comment and it seemed right away Meade jumped in and said there's not hate here.....are you serious dude? Your blind if you don't see it from a few people. Then other people jumped into the conversation...it's pretty obvious user error since the amp has been tested and proven over and over again. He himself even tested it. As you said, his minions/followers came into discussion.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

That's not a top dollar sub. It's right there with decent china made.
He means high quality china made //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Looking forword to seeing this. I don't think SSA has ever had 8" subs.....?
There was a first gen Dcon 8. It never made it to production. We were barely breaking even on the 12's, so the 8's would have lost money. So technically yes, out side of that single Dcon8 prototype, this is our first 8" sub.

I don't have much room to work with depth wise.

I'm leaning towards the Incriminator Audio I8 as the choice of sub at this point.

It has the most to offer with only a touch over 4" of mounting depth.

Just has a highish FS of 46.

Which the Skar VD-8 has a FS of 70 on the D2 model and people are tuning them to the low 30's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.