6 1/2" sub recommendations

There are speaker adapters for the Camry which provide the proper spacing and mounting.

I have indeed gotten both good midbass and midrange out of a set of speakers in my car before.

Had a pair of Pyle pro shallow mount 6.5" speakers in the front doors of my CRv and they sounded great. One of my 300.4 amps was bridged internally by the previous owner which put B+ voltage on one set of speaker terminals and I accidentally connected one there and fried it. Couldn't find a replacement and had to get different speakers.

Now I would like to use 8" speakers. Will have to look at the door frame and see what it would take to modify the doors for 8" speakers.

My plan at least for now is to use the stock head unit and connect the wiring for the rear speakers to the speaker level inputs of the processor.

Later on I'll get a better receiver as there is a kit that will retain the steering wheel controls and backup camera and someone makes a kit that replaces the panel around the stock radio with one that doesn't have the controls on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even a pair of 6-10s under the front seat do nicely for the front 3 way stage..I sat in one of a MECCA members vehicle and he had a 10 in the front passengers floor board sealed and it sounded fantastic!.Couldnt even tell it was installed there.

Apparently you are not looking at the right ones.Here is an example..Almost same ones I use here2 CDT Audio M6+ 6.5" 480 Watt Max 4 Ohm Car Audio Mid/Sub Bass Drivers Pair New 626414586949 | eBay
I saw those as well, but

The specs

Maximum Power Handling: 240 Watts Peak

Nominal Power Handling: 120 Watts RMS

From

M6+ - CDT Audio 6.5" 240 Watt Mid-Bass/Sub-Bass Drivers

Will have to see how much space I have under my front seats, but I doubt I'll have enough room for even an 8" midbass in a sealed box.

I've found it isn't easy to find a good quality 6 1/2" midbass/midrange driver that can handle 150 watts RMS.

Now the Pyle Pro I had I really liked their sound.

When I replaced the Pyle pro at the time the only ones I could find shallow mount that could handle the power were a couple DB Bass Inferno BIM 6CS Pro Audio Midrange Speakers. For as cheap as they were they sounded decent enough to me and seemed to hold up quite well.

I would not want to use them though as I know there's better speakers out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.