2 Sundown Sa8v3s or Single SSA ICON?

BassDrop

Senior VIP Member
What do you think of this suba guys? I currently run 2 Sundown Sa8v3s on a .88 ft2 enclosure. Ik its too small but supposavely overpower them yhe smaller the enclosure the better. Since the beginning I wanted to go with an SSA GCON but for space issues I didnt now I got this fatass box thats too small but well I cant complain because on Rap it fkn slams hard. On spanish music(which i Listen to most of the time) It gets loud too. Now it keeps me bugging that I need to swap over to a SSA GCON 10 OR A SSA ICON 10 In a sealed box. Would the Icon have similar power output to the Sa8s? The amp Ill be using is a DD M1D.

Sa8s ported have way more output potential than a sealed 10.. but that box is way off. Id build a new box rather than sealed 10

Sa8s ported have way more output potential than a sealed 10.. but that box is way off. Id build a new box rather than sealed 10
Yeah I know. Wayy too off but the subs had been sitting since 3 ******* months ago and Ive been w/o a system for over a year and I couldnt take ****** door speakers nomore lol. Yeah ik but thing is Im pretty sure that sealed 10 will hit hard enough. Im not one of those guys that you can hear them from 5 miles away that all they have is bass lol. I like tight hard hits and well with 1500 watts im pretty sure itll perform well. But idk man It qould be better if I built a center consolw for it with 2.5ft2 ported buuuut here enclosures are expensive af I dont see me paying 700 bucks for one lol. Good thing is on december Im going to mexico and over there boxes are cheap af. $600pesos for a box with pbc port. 600 pesos is like 30 dollars. And also a guy quoted me $150 for a fiberglass enclosure custom . But thing is I dont wanna wait till then so the guy does it

If youd like that sort of sound, are limited on space, and dont demand a ton of output...then ya, an icon sealed will sound stellar

38Hz?? Why tuned so high?
38hz because of the type of music i like.. CSCStang rrecommended it to me and he was gonna make my box but he said that he was too busy with work. The box he was gonna build me was gonna be a slot port with 1.72 cubes. Aka .75 per woofer after displacement . A local guy makes boxes so he designed that one and i was like **** it

I wouldn't switch. I'd just get a better box for the SA
Probably not for now but once I have a center coonsole done itll be then when ill throw in an SSA ICON. MEANtime ill try to build a box myself for each 8 and hope for the best lol

.88 is about the space for 1 sa8Do the 1.75 @ 38hz and you will be happy
I know. Still bumps tho & thing is I dnt got no1 skilled enough to build it and idk how to do angle cuts if anybody can teach me how to Ill gladly do it myself tho. I can get my hands on a Saw and everything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.