5k watt build decisions - seeking help

That's vague and not accurate at all. Why do you bug me more than you help me? That's comparable to a kid too.
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Because I don't think you know what you want....sounds like a little girl to me.

SSA Xcons are the next in line for great sound quality woofers. They employ aluminium shorting rings so its not just the low frequencies they play well, they can have a proper blend into midbass as well. Basically most woofers built from FI (which builds SSA, ascendant audio as well)are a cut above massed produced off the shelf products like orion, alphard, american bass, soundqubed etc.. However its a 2-4 month build wait time.
I checked into the Zcons 2,500rms subs. That's a fine replacement. I just didn't know how good of a replacement they were. See the evils mentioned earlier are too expenive to buy AND power. That's all my issue was.

Because I don't think you know what you want....sounds like a little girl to me.
I don't know what I want. That's why I haven't bought anything! If I my ideas here didn't work out I'd do something else.. no nig deal. I just really wanted it to. Zcons are a great replacement according to jeffy or whoever lol

Yes I have especially SSA evil's but more expensive, and more power hungry right? I know there are two branches in the evil line. Will double check. As far as eletrical, I'll be getting more than sufficient charging system. Just need to know what is bare minimum for 5k rms. I was thinking two 270 amp alts that do 169 amps at 700 rpm each.
The newer ones I was told by someone else are not much better. I have no data for that claim so idk. I know impedence differences 1 ohm vs. 2 ohm and all the basics. I am looking at 2 ohm final impedence. I hope to accomplish that with a single amp. 14 volts.

What's a good number on efficiency for 15's?

Here you go. Since only the Evil line was mentioned and not, Icon, Gcon or even Xcon, I couldn't tell ya prices on those. A few members have the SSA subs and like them.

What exactly do you want then...in a build? All musical or sq/spl both? Lets start off with that since I don't think you mentioned that at all.

Here you go. Since only the Evil line was mentioned and not, Icon, Gcon or even Xcon, I couldn't tell ya prices on those. A few members have the SSA subs and like them.
Yea I looked it all up a few minutes ago. Zcon look like a good option. Judt can't believe how much better they are than Orions. I mean, I can believe it. I just didn't know how off my idea of owning an HCCA system was.

What exactly do you want then...in a build? All musical or sq/spl both? Lets start off with that since I don't think you mentioned that at all.
I am somewhat an Audiophile and do care about sound reproduction. I do not care about competitions and do not care what spl I can push.

^says that in his first post

I want some good vibration. Idk about spl I definitely don't care about DB charts. SQ is more important. Something with great low frequency reproduction. I want to feel 20 hz very vibrantly. With that said, running 5k watts means power output so I definitely want to be able to have the choice of scaring someone with my bass. I'd love to have great sq then be able to turn it up enough to shake my dash apart or force the seals around my windows to pop out over time.
A big part of HCCA was the eye candy. The excursion. I love excursion.

Feed the troll

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

I want some good vibration. Idk about spl I definitely don't care about DB charts. SQ is more important. Something with great low frequency reproduction. I want to feel 20 hz very vibrantly. With that said, running 5k watts means power output so I definitely want to be able to have the choice of scaring someone with my bass. I'd love to have great sq then be able to turn it up enough to shake my dash apart or force the seals around my windows to pop out over time.

The guy you are quoting is the dumbest guy here. Lol

Feed the troll 

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

The guy you are quoting is the dumbest guy here. Lol
I know he's kind of being mean and unhelpful but I'm taking what I can get as the new guy..

Now were getting somewhere... Excursion doesn't mean squat to a speaker to put out SPL and SQ....much more to it than that. zv5 15's perhaps, their made to do both and may meet your needs. And will handle that power no problem.

I don't know what I want. That's why I haven't bought anything! If I my ideas here didn't work out I'd do something else.. no nig deal. I just really wanted it to. Zcons are a great replacement according to jeffy or whoever lol
I said xcons not zcons. The xcons have a shorting ring. Much more musical than the zcon. If you only plan on running a 5k amp at 1 ohm, thats only enough to run xcons unless you plan on running half ohm then it'll be zcons.

You dont quite understand box rise and what makes a sub a quality sub yet if all you look at is rms ratings

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.