Crossover settings

Participant count
  • Participant list

JonathanLopez

I have a Pioneer AVH-4000NEX receiver in my 2012 Challenger and it’s hooked up to the door speakers, tweeters in the rear, and the subs in the trunk. On the receiver there is a Crossover setting where I can adjust the Hz and slope for the front, rear, and sub, but I don’t know how they should be set. The Hz setting can range from 50-200 while the slope (dB/oct) can be set at -6, -12, or -18. Which values are optimal for the performance of the subs, tweeters, and speakers? Should they all overlap or is it best to have them all as separate as possible ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will have to play with it to see what you like the best, in the best setup I had with rear speakers the front ran from 100hz and up, the rear had 6x9's that ran 40-100 hz, and the sub ran somewhere around 33-80hz. But I did prefer the setup without any rear speakers, sub at the same maybe up to 100hz, and the fronts 80hz and up, I played with 60hz on the 18db per octave, but I think I settled on 80hz everything 12db per octave. Every car, speaker, and user combination will be different, thats why its adjustable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.