5k watt build decisions - seeking help

Yea that's what I thought. Whatever improves my system is what I'm going to do. Still though, I need your vote on 2 HCCA 15's or 4 of the Machete SS.. just given what you know in general.
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I'm pretty much done here. Can already tell your hard headed and not open minded whatsoever. Neither brands get my vote simply because I haven't heard either in person. I only recommend brands that I've had, used, owned, or have. Just by conversing with you I can tell you haven't put much thought into anything else other than focusing on your damm HCCA subs....and sticking with them, regardless of other brands mentioned or not. Good luck to ya.

jesus christ....marry the HCCA sub man!!
If I was to marry a sub it would be the stereo integrity HS-24 MKII.. The original idea Was to use one of those in a sealed enclosure. Then I decided it's just so much for that one woofer I don't want to do it yet.

I'm pretty much done here. Can already tell your hard headed and not open minded whatsoever. Neither brands get my vote simply because I haven't heard either in person. I only recommend brands that I've had, used, owned, or have. Just by conversing with you I can tell you haven't put much thought into anything else other than focusing on your damm HCCA subs....and sticking with them, regardless of other brands mentioned or not. Good luck to ya.
I'm very open minded on ideas and opinions surrounding my two listed conditions. HCCA or Alphard Machete SS. I stated that in the beginning. It's not my fault. I made it clear. Just wanted to compare the two ideas to determine which one I will commit to.

Thanks for your input. I know the enclosure will be bulky as hell.. I will get a more precise cab volume tomorrow. From furthest position of my headrest to back wall where my rare sliding rear window motor is meeting the carpet. Then highest point of floor to lowest point of ceiling. I'll take a good look at the panels to see how much room I'd gain with interior delete. If you're saying this is tough luck though, the HCCA 15's will be much better option?
I'd go with 18s Of a different brand in all honestly. HCCAs are power dumps you need a lot to get them loud and when you put just a tad bit too much, they slinky. Bottom heavy subs as well, no where near close to anywhere acceptable sound quality unless all you listen to is rebassed whale note music.

However this feels useless since you sound like you are just dead set on hccas regardless of what anyone tells you. Seems you are just looking for someone to tell you what you want to hear and thats not us. We'll tell you what works and what doesnt.

I'd go with 18s Of a different brand in all honestly. HCCAs are power dumps you need a lot to get them loud and when you put just a tad bit too much, they slinky. Bottom heavy subs as well, no where near close to anywhere acceptable sound quality unless all you listen to is rebassed whale note music.
Thanks for explaining. Interesting too. The only 2 18's I'd buy is the HST-18 MKII subwoofer from Stereo Integrity. Extremely higher cost than I wanted... But I'd be willing to shoot that high. Overall power would be around 4-4.5k instead of 5k. They are baaaaaaad***

Thanks for explaining. Interesting too. The only 2 18's I'd buy is the HST-18 MKII subwoofer from Stereo Integrity. Extremely higher cost than I wanted... But I'd be willing to shoot that high. Overall power would be around 4-4.5k instead of 5k. They are baaaaaaad***
Its funny that you went from spl brands to a straight up proper SQ home theatre brand.

However this feels useless since you sound like you are just dead set on hccas regardless of what anyone tells you. Seems you are just looking for someone to tell you what you want to hear and thats not us. We'll tell you what works and what doesnt.
Hey it's not useless. I'm already learning. I just wanted to know about the hccas! If i get more negatives on them than positives and people do keep saying they are not are not good SQ then great, because I care about that and wouldn't want to settle on them if they aren't what I want. I am willing to change my mind. Just for the right reasons.

I'm very open minded on ideas and opinions surrounding my two listed conditions. HCCA or Alphard Machete SS. I stated that in the beginning. It's not my fault. I made it clear. Just wanted to compare the two ideas to determine which one I will commit to.
I disagree. Like other brands listed on page 1 that other people mentioned...did you forget already? Your already dead set on HCCA so why keep bringing it up? That to me is not open minded. Your scared of something.

I disagree. Like other brands listed on page 1 that other people mentioned...did you forget already? Your already dead set on HCCA so why keep bringing it up? That to me is not open minded. Your scared of something.
I'm not dead set on anything and I don't understand why my nice approach here has been so criticized. Literally tried to play it all cool and be civil, act mature for the forums and all that.. To be shut down rather quickly. Like an annoying kid. That's not me. I guess HCCA annoys people. Was only here to learn about them. I'm learning. Patiently...

SSA Xcons are the next in line for great sound quality woofers. They employ aluminium shorting rings so its not just the low frequencies they play well, they can have a proper blend into midbass as well. Basically most woofers built from FI (which builds SSA, ascendant audio as well)are a cut above massed produced off the shelf products like orion, alphard, american bass, soundqubed etc.. However its a 2-4 month build wait time.

SSA Xcons are the next in line for great sound quality woofers. They employ aluminium shorting rings so its not just the low frequencies they play well, they can have a proper blend into midbass as well. Basically most woofers built from FI (which builds SSA, ascendant audio as well)are a cut above off the shelf products like orion, alphard, american bass, soundqubed etc.. However its a 2-4 month build wait time.
Awesome info. I've browsed SSA a lot. Just didn't know exactly what it was all about though. I was very drawn to the evil series, long as I can keep 5k watts or below. Build time is no big deal. I wanted them honestly they just delt unobtainable. I'll check their website again.

SSA Xcons are the next in line for great sound quality woofers. They employ aluminium shorting rings so its not just the low frequencies they play well, they can have a proper blend into midbass as well. Basically most woofers built from FI (which builds SSA, ascendant audio as well)are a cut above massed produced off the shelf products like orion, alphard, american bass, soundqubed etc.. However its a 2-4 month build wait time.
He says their too much $$...but states that money is no object.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.