5k watt build decisions - seeking help

2 ohms? C'mon man...you can do better than that. Electrical for 5K I would do the big 3, a 300 HO alt, and 2 batteries or 3 should be good.
I was aiming for 1 battery for my system and one to start my truck. A 5-8k watt rated bat from XS power I checked out. Can't remember model. It's huge though. You think 300 amp alt will be sufficient for 5k watts at idle? I mean I am no expert but I thought basic math proved that wrong. I'd rather overdo my alts than overdo my batteries wouldn't I? Big 3 obviously.
I say two ohms because that creates a more stable environment right? Helps maintain my amp, and helps a clean signal. Versus 1 ohm where I'm creating more heat and losing musical threshold. You let me know.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I was aiming for 1 battery for my system and one to start my truck. A 5-8k watt rated bat from XS power I checked out. Can't remember model. It's huge though. You think 300 amp alt will be sufficient for 5k watts at idle? I mean I am no expert but I thought basic math proved that wrong. I'd rather overdo my alts than overdo my batteries wouldn't I? Big 3 obviously.
I say two ohms because that creates a more stable environment right? Helps maintain my amp, and helps a clean signal. Versus 1 ohm where I'm creating more heat and losing musical threshold. You let me know.

Are you forgetting box rise? Seems you really haven't really thought this whol thing thru and focusing on HCCA subs. All this I'm mentioning will affect your install.

Are you forgetting box rise? Seems you really haven't really thought this whol thing thru and focusing on HCCA subs. All this I'm mentioning will affect your install.
No I have thought this through a lot, the problem is I don't know everything about putting together a system. Especially a multi-sub set up. That's why I am here. To get help understanding and piecing together my system. I need to confirm everything I'm buying, confirm what I want, and confirm that it's all sufficient. I have looked into box rise, especially today before I posted this because I know I need to understand it.
I'm not completely focused on subs, but people more readily bring up Orion than Alphard of course. I have much interest in selecting amp and charging system too, but first I'd have to confirm 2 HCCA 15's installed or 4 Alphard Audio Machete Super Sport 15's. That's my current dilemma.

Do you have the space for 4 15's?
Just..
If I go by manufacturer specs. I do not know if 4 subs working in same chamber will require more or less cubic ft than the basic 3.5 cubic ft x 4 would equal. I have about 15.5 cubic ft to work with after interior is pulled from back. It would be tight. Which I kinda want. I want my truck to look stuffed.

Just..
If I go by manufacturer specs. I do not know if 4 subs working in same chamber will require more or less cubic ft than the basic 3.5 cubic ft x 4 would equal. I have about 15.5 cubic ft to work with after interior is pulled from back. It would be tight. Which I kinda want. I want my truck to look stuffed.

No...you don't want stuffed. That's a good way to ruin your subs and won't sound good either. You need about 16-18 cu ft for 4 15's. 2 15's def doable. Have you considered where to mount your amps and batteries?

No...you don't want stuffed. That's a good way to ruin your subs and won't sound good either. You need about 16-18 cu ft for 4 15's. 2 15's def doable. Have you considered where to mount your amps and batteries?
Yes, i have a center seat in my truck. I would remove that so it's just my two red leather single seats. The amp would be right there slightly elevated. Plenty of room there. I could make battery work there too but am not sure why I would need it in my cab? Is the bed okay? I located a battery in the back of my racing s10. I wouldn't know the difference with an audio application.
I understand where you're coming from. The recommended size is 3.5 for those super sports. I'd say cab space is over 16 behind front seats. I was talking about maximum enclosure size. I dont have plastic panels off or carpet and don't have the floor leveled so I wouldn't know exact, but I know from my basic measurements 15 cubic ft was easy. I think I could get away with it. If I decided to go that rought you'd find out if it works.

I've seen 2 batteries in the engine compartment and typically 2-3 alts...as well as more batteries in the back of the vehicle. Up to you where you want to mount those extra batteries. Chasinbass on here has a toolbox in the bed of his truck, similar to yours and integrated it to hold amps, wiring and batteries.

I've seen 2 batteries in the engine compartment and typically 2-3 alts...as well as more batteries in the back of the vehicle. Up to you where you want to mount those extra batteries. Chasinbass on here has a toolbox in the bed of his truck, similar to yours and integrated it to hold amps, wiring and batteries.
I saw that. Checked it all out already. Pretty cool. So if that's the case, I'd run both under the hood probably. Unless keeping my 2nd battery closer to my amp and subs has a positive in some way..

I saw that. Checked it all out already. Pretty cool. So if that's the case, I'd run both under the hood probably. Unless keeping my 2nd battery closer to my amp and subs has a positive in some way..
It does....not sure what tho. Also the wiring to keep them as short as possible.

It does....not sure what tho. Also the wiring to keep them as short as possible.
Yea that's what I thought. Whatever improves my system is what I'm going to do. Still though, I need your vote on 2 HCCA 15's or 4 of the Machete SS.. just given what you know in general.

Yes, i have a center seat in my truck. I would remove that so it's just my two red leather single seats. The amp would be right there slightly elevated. Plenty of room there. I could make battery work there too but am not sure why I would need it in my cab? Is the bed okay? I located a battery in the back of my racing s10. I wouldn't know the difference with an audio application.
I understand where you're coming from. The recommended size is 3.5 for those super sports. I'd say cab space is over 16 behind front seats. I was talking about maximum enclosure size. I dont have plastic panels off or carpet and don't have the floor leveled so I wouldn't know exact, but I know from my basic measurements 15 cubic ft was easy. I think I could get away with it. If I decided to go that rought you'd find out if it works.

15.5 Gross cubic feet is way different then 15.5 NET cubic feet, you'll need to double layer the box, triple baffle the port and have adequate bracing. If you account the space the subs take up and port area, you are left with 2.5 cubes per 15 with a slot port. If you go a 12 inch aeroport then you can squeeze out 3 cubic feet per 15 but good luck tuning low. Back to the drawing board buddy. Id say two 18s would be your best bet.

15.5 Gross cubic feet is way different then 15.5 NET cubic feet, you'll need to double layer the box, triple baffle the port and have adequate bracing. If you account the space the subs take up and port area, you are left with 2.5 cubes per 15. If you go a 12 inch aeroport then you can squeeze out 3 cubic feet per 15 but good luck tuning low. Back to the drawing board buddy. Id say two 18s would be your best bet.
Thanks for your input. I know the enclosure will be bulky as hell.. I will get a more precise cab volume tomorrow. From furthest position of my headrest to back wall where my rare sliding rear window motor is meeting the carpet. Then highest point of floor to lowest point of ceiling. I'll take a good look at the panels to see how much room I'd gain with interior delete. If you're saying this is tough luck though, the HCCA 15's will be much better option?

That sounds great, I have no idea what those are though. I want a complete original condition new set of woofers. That just makes me more comfortable. I have looked into other options like you mention, but as a beginner I'd like to just keep my approach more basic. This complicates things. I've been looking into this for over a year. This one system I want, and would hate to sway from it now.
Digital designs is would renowned as some of the best and loudest woofers in the world.

FYI I build speakers..

Digital designs is would renowned as some of the best and loudest woofers in the world.FYI I build speakers..
Oh yea I know DD audio. I like their stuff but probably would never buy any of it. No offense. Just captured by other brands a bit more. I have looked at their entire line of subs and amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.