5k watt build decisions - seeking help

The banda 10k has double the outputs of the taramp 10k.

The taramp are bare minimum builds. The banda is more reliable. Not that the taramp is bad they are very strong for the monies.

That vital power though.

Nope they do rated Just need to be treated with care aka never wire below 1 ohm, never mount to any vibrating surface aka sub enclosure or anywhere that flexes. Cant have too high of a charging voltage, cant have too low of a charging voltage. Dont hard clip.

I'm almost convinced that the sound digital 5000.1D EVO amplifier is the one I'm getting. At 1 ohm 14.4 volts it rates 6,530RMS @ THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) under 0,025%. High-fidelity good cone control. That's what I want. Paired with two xcon 18's.
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Just make absolutely 100% sure you follow Jeff Two Chefs guidelines for running Brazilian amps cuz if you slip up even just a little bit on one it could be ugly I would research it a little further and if you do want to go with Brazilian power use one of the newer tougher lines that he mentioned in the post you quoted

Just make absolutely 100% sure you follow Jeff Two Chefs guidelines for running Brazilian amps cuz if you slip up even just a little bit on one it could be ugly I would research it a little further and if you do want to go with Brazilian power use one of the newer tougher lines that he mentioned in the post you quoted
Yea I can't find that power series on sound digital website.

I'm pretty sure that line is still brand new probably not much advertisement on it yet or maybe not readily available to public but by the time you're ready to purchase the amp things may have changed that's why when I do a build I don't set my heart on one concrete item Because by the time you're ready to purchase said item new models could be out prices could have dropped really anything could have changed always do last minute research before you buy so you don't end up with buyer's remorse

I'm pretty sure that line is still brand new probably not much advertisement on it yet or maybe not readily available to public but by the time you're ready to purchase the amp things may have changed that's why when I do a build I don't set my heart on one concrete item Because by the time you're ready to purchase said item new models could be out prices could have dropped really anything could have changed always do last minute research before you buy so you don't end up with buyer's remorse
For sure. Thanks

I had already looked at taramps bass line but nothing there for my power requirements. Just crazy numbers.

Yea I can't find that power series on sound digital website.
its relatively new thats not fully released. I know team sound digtal members and dealers who get first dibs on it.

lol even though i know that guide, i've pushed my hd 15ks to the limit. with some of the worse its been through was 8.9 volt drop, half ohm for a month just to compare with my tfe 8.0 at half ohm (which it smashed the tfe completely). I dont condone it, I just had spare money for a back up just in case, I just wanted to see how tough the amps are.

I will say, sound digital evos feels like flimsy plastic on its casing while taramps has a legit aluminium heat sink. I know the internals matter more but just picking up the amp, taramps feel a lot more rugged build wise. Just commenting on how they feel in your hands, they both put out power.

I will say, sound digital evos feels like flimsy plastic on its casing while taramps has a legit aluminium heat sink. I know the internals matter more but just picking up the amp, taramps feel a lot more rugged build wise. Just commenting on how they feel in your hands, they both put out power.
Yea I don't like cheap materials. But the extremely low THD is appealing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.