1500-2000rms 12 inch sub recommendations

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
How much do you want for it?
I'm selling it for $600 it's basically brand new . They do good SQ and SPL and I'd be able to help with box design ... but I'd want to deliver it because I dont trust shippers and would be willing to meet half way ... You wont regret this sub...and I can promise I'm loosing money on it . ..if you want you can PM me
Screenshot_20200809-210215_Drive.jpg

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
They're still building their higher end stuff in house. I've seen some redlines locally and they seemed pretty decent.
I knew the zs were still built in house ..I thought all the other subs went over seas .. back years ago I went to their office in OKC several times ..it was actually almost hidden ...but I got to tour the facility and really enjoyed the experience.

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
The box has not been made yet but it will be going in a single cab so the port could be pointed at the back of the cab or by the floorboard. But if there is a specific spot the port should be in I would be happy to hear it. My truck is the same body style as this pic so I figure it would turn out something like that
you got the right idea pointing back. That alone would give you massive amounts of output over your 10 sealed.

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
Would those have as good of an output as something like a wolfram Ag 12 or dc lol 4 or are those mainly for slp and not sound quality
DD is in a completely different top tier league compared to wolfram and dc bro Wolfram has not won any world titles yet. DD has many under their belt. DC is good but shit blows a lot.

mastershake575

Senior VIP Member
Mar 11, 2015
Dallas
At least the original hand built like I have .. the newer chinese mass market DDs ..arnt worth a crap .
I thought all the other subs went over seas
Not true at all. There entire line in the thousands (1000, 2000, 3000, along with 1500-9500) is still done in house with the official made in USA tag (which is hard to get).

Steel, voice coil, spiders, cone, and terminals all sourced here.

There line in the hundreds (200-700) is made overseas but it's far from "ain't worth a crap"

They're still building their higher end stuff in house. I've seen some redlines locally and they seemed pretty decent.
Redline is literally better than any mid tier china brand (American bass, Soundqubed, entry level sundown).

Chinese junk subs don't use upgraded pole venting and USA sourced voice coils. There's a reason why the redline series is expensive both new and used, it's a solid product.

DD isn't going to ruin there 20+ year reputation by giving there vendors CT Sound/Skar level quality, lets be real here :ROFLMAO:

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
Not true at all. There entire line in the thousands (1000, 2000, 3000, along with 1500-9500) is still done in house with the official made in USA tag (which is hard to get).

Steel, voice coil, spiders, cone, and terminals all sourced here.

There line in the hundreds (200-700) is made overseas but it's far from "ain't worth a crap"

Redline is literally better than any mid tier china brand (American bass, Soundqubed, entry level sundown).

Chinese junk subs don't use upgraded pole venting and USA sourced voice coils. There's a reason why the redline series is expensive both new and used, it's a solid product.

DD isn't going to ruin there 20+ year reputation by giving there vendors CT Sound/Skar level quality, lets be real here :ROFLMAO:
I still have about 30 or so of the original DD subs ..I stocked up when I heard they were going to Chinese build houses ...I run original DD subs in over half my vehicles with decent systems

macsdad

boom-boom
10+ year member
Jun 12, 2010
Trussville, Al
The stereo integrity hst 12 is 2wrms and only need .6cuft sealed, and are very near perfect between 90 and about 10 or so hertz.

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
I am looking for a good 12 inch sub 1500-2000 rms for my center console. I currently have a skar sdr 10 which isn't enough for me. Amp is a wolfram c.2400 on stock 160 alt which would be upgraded. Battery is and XS power S3400 with big 3 upgrade. I mainly listen to country, rebassed country, and rap. Box would be ported and about 2-2.5 cut. Looking to spend less that $500 on a sub. Brands i am interested in are wolfram, deaf bonce, DC, skar, or anything that would be recommended.
This might work for you. Fi Q series. 1,750 rms. and 34mm xmaxx.
Screenshot_20200809-214940_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200809-214853_Samsung Internet.jpg

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Sounds like my buddy who won’t buy used cars. Says he never wants to own a vehicle that someone else drove. So he spent $60k plus on a dealership demo model....

I hardly buy anything new these days because markup is a real *****. Don’t be afraid to buy used equipment from old schoolers on this site.

mastershake575

Senior VIP Member
Mar 11, 2015
Dallas
So they would be lacking in low end bass? I am just mainly looking for something that will sounds good and be loud
Then stop looking at these overkill peaky SPL subs. Get something for daily driving, not metering (DC, Sundown, Wolfram look big and cool but there not very practical for a moderate wattage daily music setup). There designed more for people just throwing raw power at them and getting loud

For your application it would be borderline pointless. You can get something like the Icon or Brahma that will only be a few decibels less but be hundreds of dollars cheaper + sound better.

Don't fall for the trap of "oh this sub has a 80lb motor and can take 3000 watts, it must be badass". Your already at a huge advantage with it being a center console setup (versus a trunk setup) + your stock alternator is decent. Your not in a situation where you have to try too hard to be loud

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds