1 sub sounds better than 2???

Participant count
  • Participants list

Ayleeunn420

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ive just installed my first system ever in my 2004 Hyundai Santa fe. Besides the speakers and amps everything is factory. I have 2 kicker L7 12" DVC subs. Each on its own punch 500.2 with only 1 voice coil hooked up and in its own enclosure. My problem is that when either sub is unhooked the other sounds great. But when I plugged in both at the same time instead of sounding twice as good, they sound worse than just 1. With both connected my lights dim when the bass hits, so I installed a capacitor. That solved the lights dimming but they still sound terrible together. I also have a punch 450/4 channel for mids and highs. Everything else on the vehicle is factory. When Running both subs they sound underpowered. But like I said, each has its own amplifier in its own enclosure and sounds great by itself. So...upgrade from factory alternator to high output maybe?

Kicker L7 DVC? DVC 2 ohm or DVC 4 ohm? What size is your Supply wire and ground wires? What Size Fuse at the Battery? what size is your battery under the hood CCa and CA amps and Group size? Lead battery or AGM? Are you using a distribution Block Fused are Non-Fused?

Last edited:
Kicker L7 DVC? DVC 2 ohm or DVC 4 ohm? What size is your Suply wire and ground wires? What Size Fuse at the Battery? what size is your battery under the hood CCa and CA amps and Group size? Lead battery or AGM? Are you sing a distribution Block Fused are Non-Fused?
4ohm dvc. But Only One hooked up
0 guage power and ground
150 amp fuse at battery
600cca

4ohm dvc. But Only One hooked up
0 guage power and ground
150 amp fuse at battery
600cca
Option 1 (parallel) = 2 ohm load
Voice coils wired in parallel
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 2 or 1 ohm mono​
One 4 Ohm DVC Speaker = 2 ohm load

Match gain two or more amplifiers takes a little time.There are a couple decent Tutorials on You Tube. Search. You need a DMM for sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...