Melting fuse

I have a question for the pros.. I'm running a MTX Thunder 2800 to four subs, my 100 amp fuse near battery keeps melting after a couple weeks??? What should I do go bigger?
We might need more to go on. One, I can't find this amp anywhere to see its specs. Two, what size power wire are you using from the battery to the amp? Three, what subs and what ohm load are they wired to at the amplifier? Got a pic of the amplifier?

We might need more to go on. One, I can't find this amp anywhere to see its specs. Two, what size power wire are you using from the battery to the amp? Three, what subs and what ohm load are they wired to at the amplifier? Got a pic of the amplifier?
It's a mint condition amp from 1995 , I'm running the subs at 2ohm 4 gauge red wire, it did this with my alpine M series amp as well.. My amp doesn't get hot tho

It's a mint condition amp from 1995 , I'm running the subs at 2ohm 4 gauge red wire, it did this with my alpine M series amp as well.. My amp doesn't get hot tho
Heat melts things and if there is heat there then there is resistance. This is usually from loose connections.

Is it melting the fuse housing or the fuse or both? Is the fuse blowing? If the fuse is NOT blowing it is probably resistance cause by a loose connection.

Heat melts things and if there is heat there then there is resistance. This is usually from loose connections.

Is it melting the fuse housing or the fuse or both? Is the fuse blowing? If the fuse is NOT blowing it is probably resistance cause by a loose connection.
Yes it's melting the housing , the fuse doesn't blow just melts around it n I've tried a few different fuse holders....

I personally run a circuit breaker after the battery then fuse blocks near the amps.
I ran into problems with those years back tripping prematurely on road trips even driving around town,being cold out side or raining or over heating and just tripping all together. I do run one on my Tommy Lift and Trip it Manually to keep kids and the Like from messing with the switch on the rear, But ANL Fuse weather sealed is the way to go under the hood of my experiencing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...