07 scion tc help with system wires

07sciontc
10+ year member

memphis and sundown
im doing a full system in my scion tc dyno mat and ill have a nav tough screen with a 4 chanul amp running about 75 to 100 watts per chanel and a mono block at about 3000 rms give or take 500 im planning on doing the big three and running all 0 gauge for big 3 and amps i need to know should i upgrade my alt and should i add some xtra bats like one big one or maby 1 smaller one 2 smaller please help me lol thanks

Try using the "ENTER" key every now and then.

Makes it much easier to read your post.

3,400 watts will need apx 280 amps

You should look for a 300 amp alternator.

Someone else will need to chime in about the batteries as I have no experience using them.

270 would get the job done with the added batteries.

As for the sub stage and amps...that all depends on your budget..also make sure budget wire/enclosure(or materials if you build it yourself).

As for sound deadening, I would look into Audio Technix which is a vendor on the forum.. CLICK HERE >>>>>>>> Audio Technix

thanks for the info and i dont have a buget cuz as long as i get a good deal ill get all the stuff and then do the install and ill look into the mat thanks dose anyone know a good box builder on hear

but im also using another amp for my other speckers wouldent i need a lil bit more and i might go more watts if the amp can hold it that why im sticking to 3000 or so watts cuz i wasent sure lol i relly wana runn 4 orion 10s or 2 or 4 12s that would be 6000 rms

You don't have room in the stock cargo area for the much...limited to 3 10s or 2 12s in most cases...I could be wrong though.

A 200amp alt with a decent battery setup will be fine.

i have a kid and haul him in it and im takeing out the floor in the back for more room

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

but i will get everything set up i might go with a diffrent woofer that takes more power

why don't you spend the money on your kid? just keep the subs off while he's in it. permanent hearing damage is easier with younger ears.

/serious comment

i agree a 200A alt will help a lot and probably be sufficient. you won't be drawing 3kW all of the time, most of the time you'll draw much less. it really depends on the amp you get and what you listen to. extra batteries in hatchbacks are a hassle given the need to secure and vent them. make sure everything is well secured, you don't want projectiles.

hes got plenty trust me and hes not always in the car and iv got 5 cars and this is one with the lowest miles and stuff so thats why im doing it to this one all my others dont have nuthing but my dodge ram is getting one also just want the tc done first

cool. we get all types, i have to cover the bases. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

H.O. alt and a battery or two (depending on size) should have you covered. 1/0 wiring for all, i'd even consider running a 1/0 ground or two to the front given how cheap the steel is on the Scion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.