'05 Avalance RD/AQ Build

Mine always leaked. But ever since I put my 2 18 box in I had to take the handles off the underside of the bed covers to fit the box... Now it pours rain in there.
Yeah we put the water hose over the bed and it comes right it. Box has 1 layer or resin on. Do we have to sand it when it drys to make it not so sticky?

2010-06-27174749.jpg

Just set it out in the sun and it should dry real fast. Did you use a good amount of MEKP? Even if you went really easy on it, it will harden eventually. Just wait for a hot sunny day and leave it out in direct sunlight.

Also instead of a tupperware container and a huge paint brush, just use a 2 1/2 qt bucket from Home Depot or Lowes. Its like $2 and is reusable forever. Just leave the brush in it to harden then pull the brush out and the entire bucket mold pops out and the bucket is like new every time. They also have a smaller size thats good for smaller jobs.

encore2.12.jpg

that guy i bought the box from.. totally overcharged me. he shuda put resin on at least.
Wasn't too bad of a price, but yeah they charged you for resin and he didn't put any inside. All audio shops are overpriced, everyone learns at some point.

Yeah, no problem. I just kinda went for it one day and have been figuring it out ever since. What sort of resin are you using? Bondo from HD or Lowes? That stuff *****. Go to a nice fiberglass supply place and look for a nice resin. I got this new stuff that is pink instead of brown and its much more predictable and a thousand times easier to work with.

ive been thinking. cuz i payed for them to carpet it too and they didnt cuz they thought i was gonna rhino line it. what if i tak back seats out and bolt the box to wer the seats go? this is just an idea. would it affect the performance than having it in the bed? cuz its raining right now and i checked the bed of the truck and its pouring rain in there. from alot of different spots.

If you do enough foam on the sides and top, that should hold it in place. Or if you want to be safe, just put a few self tapping screws through the box and the bed of the truck. I just foamed mine and used 2 L brackets on the back and it hasnt moved yet.

Yeah, no problem. I just kinda went for it one day and have been figuring it out ever since. What sort of resin are you using? Bondo from HD or Lowes? That stuff *****. Go to a nice fiberglass supply place and look for a nice resin. I got this new stuff that is pink instead of brown and its much more predictable and a thousand times easier to work with.
LOL yup bondo from depot.

If you do enough foam on the sides and top, that should hold it in place. Or if you want to be safe, just put a few self tapping screws through the box and the bed of the truck. I just foamed mine and used 2 L brackets on the back and it hasnt moved yet.
Well thats the point of the resin - to keep it dry. Spray the foam around the seal of your bed lid and then use the foam to seal the box into the cabin. You can try putting it in the cab but it will look retarded and go through your windshield if you get in a wreck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.