Helloooooo

Just to be clear i literally know nothing about car audio installations and i need help so i came here.

I have a renault clio hatchback 2007 and i am wishing to install the skar audio spx-65c component system to the vehicle

i dont want it to be runnning very loud, so i would like to stick to the stock amplifier if that is possible with the components i have brought (but only if it would work). Also how would i go about wiring up the external crossovers to the items that come stock in the car?

and finally...

what will i have to change / buy (besides from the mountings in the door) to make all the of this work?

any help is greatly appreciated 

On 12/20/2018 at 12:34 PM, Owen prce said:

Helloooooo

Just to be clear i literally know nothing about car audio installations and i need help so i came here.

I have a renault clio hatchback 2007 and i am wishing to install the skar audio spx-65c component system to the vehicle

i dont want it to be runnning very loud, so i would like to stick to the stock amplifier if that is possible with the components i have brought (but only if it would work). Also how would i go about wiring up the external crossovers to the items that come stock in the car?

and finally...

what will i have to change / buy (besides from the mountings in the door) to make all the of this work?

any help is greatly appreciated 

You would be better off using the amp that comes with everything. Stock amp isn’t too good, using the amp that you bought will help your sound system run better. And since you don’t want to run too loud in sound, after installing everything just tune your EQ and LPF and that stuff, go into the settings of your head unit and mess around with the settings and figure out what sounds best to you. Best of luck! 

You will also need to purchase amplifier installation kit or something. This is what I bought, it comes with everything you need. 

F3641E60-38E6-4F65-9589-CF482364A922.jpeg

I think you should stop giving advise.

This post was 3 months old BTW.

Edited by Popwarhomie

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Loganbowser
      I've had an ongoing problem where my amp will randomly start blinking the protect light consistently until I turn the car off then on. This causes the sub to turn on for one second and off for one second in a continuous loop. The speakers still produce continuous uninterrupted sound though. I have no idea what's wrong I've tried 3 different subs and they all produce the same outcome, it could be the amp, but sometimes I listen to music for an hour straight without it acting up. See video attached for clarification.

0614191855(1).mp4
    • By Tom Keyte
      Hi, thanks in advance for any help. I've added a leisure battery to my van, using the wiring in this video: https://youtu.be/oOQHe_cZtI4?t=1044
      I have this amp: https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-gm-d8704_p-41014.htm and this head unit: https://www.pioneer-car.eu/uk/products/deh-s3000bt

I'm assuming the head unit will be fine if I wire it in to the fuse block (this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IVRC9RA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).
      Should I re-wire the permanent or ignition switched terminal from the back of the head unit to the fuse block.
      And my main question...
      For the amp, Should I be connecting that via 16mm cable straight to the battery (or to the isolator switch in this case) and does it need its own fuse.
      Thanks
      Tom

• By Rell868
      So i ordered the JBL gto393 6x9 speakers which is a set of 2 speakers and I also ordered Jbl gto609c component speakers set. Also ordered the MTX terminator series subwoofers which is 1200 watts dual sub enclosure. I'm getting a 2400 watt Monoblock amp for the subs. But I don't know what amp I should get for the JBL mids and highs. I do want the Max power I can get for the mids and highs though any ideas? 
    • By NewbiePie
      So I bought used audi a3 1996 and it has a subwoofer that looks like it was installed by audi. The speaker is 6.5 inches and 2x3 ohms. So I don't really know what could do as a replacement speaker. Also there are 4 pins on the speaker so I don't really know how that works. 
      These are the pictures of the old sub: 

• By BigSachsy1
      So I have 2 12s in my 01 suburban and my midbass is shit. Everything else is pretty good. No tweeters except in the 2 coaxials in my front 2 doors. 2 skar fsx65s in the rear doors.
      After I do the big 3 (current alt is 130 amp) and (maybe) a HO alt, I need to do a 4 channel (I think) to my doors. So what I'm asking is:
      Do I need a HO alt after I do the big 3? Current amp is 1200 watt rms, the DC 1.2k. 
      Was planning on running 2 more skar 6.5s up front, so would be 600 more watts rms. Each 6.5 is 150 watts rms and I've got my kenwood Kmm-bt325u head unit running all of my door speakers. I disconnected all of my tweeters. Can I use a 2 channel for my door speakers or does it have to be a 4 channel? How do my tweeters fit into all of this? My head unit has crossover settings, so would I still need a signal processor?
      I have some epdm-1034 pond liner, 45 mil, unused from a jobsite that I was planning on using as MLV in my doors, good or bad idea?
      I have some pictures of what my system looks like on my page.
      Any comments are appreciated.
      Thanks!