10+ year member
Central FL
Reactions: audiobaun

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
USA
I thought Lightning Audio was a scion of Rockford Fosgate.
Yes they were . The Yellow series were pretty brute for as cheap as they were

Rodek

10+ year member
Alabama
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They're actually clean sounding and pretty stout. I'd put them on par with the Rockford Prime R150x2 class AB amps. They're rated the same power output wise and I've compared them side by side. The Fast and Furious theme is a bit flashy for me but they're great conversation pieces.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
USA
They're actually clean sounding and pretty stout. I'd put them on par with the Rockford Prime R150x2 class AB amps. They're rated the same power output wise and I've compared them side by side. The Fast and Furious theme is a bit flashy for me but they're great conversation pieces.
If you have a spot to place them.. Id run them. Open them up and bench test them make sure caps are good. Id prob leave the cover on while putting power on them on the bench..LOL.. But.. Id run them. Get some more use out of them

Rodek

10+ year member
Alabama
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you have a spot to place them.. Id run them. Open them up and bench test them make sure caps are good. Id prob leave the cover on while putting power on them on the bench..LOL.. But.. Id run them. Get some more use out of them
Yeah, I plan to run them in my workshop. I haven't gone through them or anything but they startup and run just fine. I don't see any strange spike on my power supply and there are no noises either. I agree. I'm going to get some more use out of them. No use in letting them sit.

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.

About this thread

Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Rodek

Latest threads