New front door speakers worked great for 15min then nothing.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pat123

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oregon
2006 civic si with premium sound. Factory radio died a while back so I replaced with an atoto f7 CarPlay I used a harness to retain the factory amp. Works great a month later I replaced the blown front door speakers. With infinity primus 6.5 coaxial seemed like they would work fine with my stock system I thought they were 4ohm but box says 2.7ohm if that helps. Installed with harnesses that match the Honda ones. They sounded great for at least fifteen minutes on my way to work then they just stopped. Also the factory tweets in my dash don’t have sound either. Just the factory 6x9s and factory sub in the back have sound. Checked the settings in the head unit and it’s not fader or any thing. Will pull one out and test with the stock one this weekend. Is it the factory amp?

Is it the factory amp?
It could be. The lower impedance of the speakers may have caused the amp to protect itself by shutting down the front channels. You can try connecting a 4 Ohms speaker to see if the amp will come on again. If it does come on, you can splice a 1 Ohm resistor inline on the positive side to make the Infinitys 4 Ohms.
Screenshot_20230810-083524.png

It could be. The lower impedance of the speakers may have caused the amp to protect itself by shutting down the front channels. You can try connecting a 4 Ohms speaker to see if the amp will come on again. If it does come on, you can splice a 1 Ohm resistor inline on the positive side to make the Infinitys 4 Ohms.View attachment 51217
It could be. The lower impedance of the speakers may have caused the amp to protect itself by shutting down the front channels. You can try connecting a 4 Ohms speaker to see if the amp will come on again. If it does come on, you can splice a 1 Ohm resistor inline on the positive side to make the Infinitys 4 Ohms.View attachment 51217
Thank you the speakers description says something about being a true 4ohm but the actual box says2.7 confusing to me at least . I will do that to test things for sure. Thanks for the link also. I’m starting to think I should’ve bypassed the amp.

Thank you the speakers description says something about being a true 4ohm but the actual box says2.7 confusing to me at least . I will do that to test things for sure. Thanks for the link also. I’m starting to think I should’ve bypassed the amp.
2006 civic si with premium sound. Factory radio died a while back so I replaced with an atoto f7 CarPlay I used a harness to retain the factory amp. Works great a month later I replaced the blown front door speakers. With infinity primus 6.5 coaxial seemed like they would work fine with my stock system I thought they were 4ohm but box says 2.7ohm if that helps. Installed with harnesses that match the Honda ones. They sounded great for at least fifteen minutes on my way to work then they just stopped. Also the factory tweets in my dash don’t have sound either. Just the factory 6x9s and factory sub in the back have sound. Checked the settings in the head unit and it’s not fader or any thing. Will pull one out and test with the stock one this weekend. Is it the factory amp?
Yeah, these are listed as 3ohms nominal and that is why you see the 2.7ohm rating (where they can drop to). There are a number of things wrong here. Time to start over on this one. Using a resistor inline, for this application, is really never a good idea for a number of reasons. You mention that you have coaxial and that the tweeters are factory tweeters that are not working. That’s a good thing; you don’t want highs coming from the lower/mid door area and also from the factory tweeters, plays havoc with your imaging. IF you can get the factory AMP back up and running (provided that’s even an option) sell the 3ohm coaxial and get a pair of these, a steal on eBay right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3349758540...d=link&campid=5335951755&toolid=20001&mkevt=1.

Or these

Mount them in the factory door and tweeter locations. and wait for the money to get an LOC and aftermarket amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...