I have a DD Audio M1 amplifier 1200W@ 1 ohm running a single DD Audio 3512H D2 Supercharged. What amp battery do I need to add to my setup as a 2nd battery?

get a high output alternator.. facebook CES alternators

this

a.png

HO Alt, 1/0 OFC welding cable, and replace your current battery (provided it's not tiny) with an AGM and you should be fine

I have a 160 Alt...I don't need an alt. I just need an extra battery. I'l just get a 700CA battery. I Have 0 gauge power and ground. I'm just adding as a precautionary measure.

Shouldn’t need anything. If you have issues it’s you not the electrical. Clipping or bad ground.

I have a 160 Alt...I don't need an alt. I just need an extra battery. I'l just get a 700CA battery. I Have 0 gauge power and ground. I'm just adding as a precautionary measure.

You didn't mention the alt. Probably getting around 80a at idle so you should be ok especially with 1200w. 2-3kw is where I see people needing more upgrades

Shouldn’t need anything. If you have issues it’s you not the electrical. Clipping or bad ground.

You didn't mention the alt. Probably getting around 80a at idle so you should be ok especially with 1200w. 2-3kw is where I see people needing more upgrades

My thoughs as well. A solid primary battery and "big 3" should be adequate to support that assuming your factory alternator is functioning.

A battery is a waste of money. You gonna step up power in 6 months..

Wtf?! moron. And this is coming from someone who can't build a wall.

Cars don't need batteries these day bro. They run off of electricity. :laugh:

Ah right...forgot the John Kuthe episode.

certified electrician you are a ******* moron. you have nothing. you wont even meter..

youre outside the thunderdome, you lost man? LoL jk :)

certified electrician you are a ******* moron. you have nothing. you wont even meter..

You ain't **** and we all know it. There's no reason for me to meter.

Ummm you won’t even fvcking meter... how longs it been since u called me out and we seen nothing.

electricians for houses are trained in completely different areas than applies to car audio you just put that out there as if you're something special

ive had 3-4 guys with builds way better than you who told me that, and they thanked me for understanding. you on the other hand pump your ego whenever possible

electricians for houses are trained in completely different areas than applies to car audio you just put that out there as if you're something special

ive had 3-4 guys with builds way better than you who told me that, and they thanked me for understanding. you on the other hand pump your ego whenever possible

Well said.

Wait a sec...didn't he say he's a maintenance worker? Sooo....which is it? Electrician or maintenance??

You don't need upgraded electrical for 1.2k. My system is running factory electrical and old battery on 1.2k just fine. You only need those ups if you're going for more like 2 or 3k.

Sent from my SGH-S970G using Tapatalk

1.2k RMS here on stock 100 amp alternator and replacement AGM with no sign of any electrical issues here for what it’s worth. That’s in the CX5 in signature.

youre outside the thunderdome, you lost man? LoL jk :)

It happens every now and then. :p:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's your score again? I must of forgot.