Power

certified electrician you are a ******* moron. you have nothing. you wont even meter..
electricians for houses are trained in completely different areas than applies to car audio you just put that out there as if you're something special

ive had 3-4 guys with builds way better than you who told me that, and they thanked me for understanding. you on the other hand pump your ego whenever possible

electricians for houses are trained in completely different areas than applies to car audio you just put that out there as if you're something special
ive had 3-4 guys with builds way better than you who told me that, and they thanked me for understanding. you on the other hand pump your ego whenever possible
Well said.

Wait a sec...didn't he say he's a maintenance worker? Sooo....which is it? Electrician or maintenance??

You don't need upgraded electrical for 1.2k. My system is running factory electrical and old battery on 1.2k just fine. You only need those ups if you're going for more like 2 or 3k.

Sent from my SGH-S970G using Tapatalk

youre outside the thunderdome, you lost man? LoL jk
It happens every now and then.

I do strictly industrial. Mostly plc stuff.

You don't need upgraded electrical for 1.2k. My system is running factory electrical and old battery on 1.2k just fine. You only need those ups if you're going for more like 2 or 3k.
Sent from my SGH-S970G using Tapatalk
So much wrong in this reply. Since you failed to mention the vehicle you drive, not everyone on the planet is gonna drive the same vehicle as you and don't bother upgrading the electrical. You need to take in consideration that there are 4 bangers out there with weak stock electrical that barely is enough for the car's needed everyday daily things such as a/c, heater, wipers, etc. So if a person decides to install say a 1000 watt amp and 1000 watt sub to existing stock electrical, more than likely that amp is gonna rob more amperage from the alt than anything else...leading to dimming headlights. I will agree tho that most bigger trucks/ SUV's have the most/best stock beefed up electrical out there. But...I certainly wouldn't ignore it if I were adding audio.

So much wrong in this reply. Since you failed to mention the vehicle you drive, not everyone on the planet is gonna drive the same vehicle as you and don't bother upgrading the electrical. You need to take in consideration that there are 4 bangers out there with weak stock electrical that barely is enough for the car's needed everyday daily things such as a/c, heater, wipers, etc. So if a person decides to install say a 1000 watt amp and 1000 watt sub to existing stock electrical, more than likely that amp is gonna rob more amperage from the alt than anything else...leading to dimming headlights. I will agree tho that most bigger trucks/ SUV's have the most/best stock beefed up electrical out there. But...I certainly wouldn't ignore it if I were adding audio.
...I drive an import "4 banger." Compact cars probably can't handle 1.2k...my old motorcycle couldn't handle 200...but your average Honda Civic should be fine.

id upgrade the big 3 first, still not enough, upgrade to a bigger alt

bats dont produce power, they store it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.