You're opinions matter

I wanted to add this after rereading everyone's suggestions here's my current box not sure what's it tuned to as I bought it with the wdx's from someone. seems like a solid box?? What I've gathered is basically invest in taramp or equivalent which will get me to where I'm trying to go, along with electrical upgrade big 3 ect ect.. Also I'm currently running a pioneer 4300bt and a sound stream eq. Forgot to mention that.
Im curious how much that taramp will make a difference for only two hundred bucks I'll probably buy it and see how big of a difference it makes.

Attachments

• B0B01B8C-1B07-4A51-B3B6-D9E69DAA05E2.jpeg
    B0B01B8C-1B07-4A51-B3B6-D9E69DAA05E2.jpeg
    617.1 KB · Views: 230
  • A01E3B94-A9DA-48A9-84D3-D1590C3294E7.jpeg
    A01E3B94-A9DA-48A9-84D3-D1590C3294E7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 250
I wanted to add this after rereading everyone's suggestions here's my current box not sure what's it tuned to as I bought it with the wdx's from someone. seems like a solid box?? What I've gathered is basically invest in taramp or equivalent which will get me to where I'm trying to go, along with electrical upgrade big 3 ect ect.. Also I'm currently running a pioneer 4300bt and a sound stream eq. Forgot to mention that.
Im curious how much that taramp will make a difference for only two hundred bucks I'll probably buy it and see how big of a difference it makes.
Two suggestions. Get a Taramps Bass 5K first. If you aren't happy then get 2-Fi Q series 12's.
Screenshot_20200816-231056_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200815-225314_Samsung Internet.jpg

seems like a solid box??
I'm curious how much that taramp will make a difference for only two hundred bucks I'll probably buy it and see how big of a difference it makes.
Taramps smart 3 I'd try if your being cheap for sure.
I was surprised by the smart 3 power myself, its going to want current tho so be warned... its a little powerhouse.
All the talk of big 3 is all well and good with an alternator and secondary battery is going to be needed etc.

I'm positive you'll see big gains over that PPI... it'll be a HUGE difference. That Ppi "5K" is such a joke

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys And I'm gonna take the advise with the tramp here in the next month along work on the electrical starting with big 3 I've also got a brand new duragm-14 laying around would I benefit any by using this temporarily while I wait and save up for better battery?
Specifications
  • Item Number: CYL10012
  • Brand: Duracell Ultra
  • Voltage: 12
  • Format: 14-BS
  • Lead Acid Type: Starting
  • Capacity: 12AH
  • Cold Cranking Amps: 220
  • warning-8pt.png
    WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
  • Battery Type: Factory Activated
  • Chemistry: Lead Acid
  • Comes With: Two 17mm Adapters
  • Lead Acid Design: AGM
  • Made in the USA: True
  • Product Category: Powersports
  • Product Sub Category: Domestic AGM
  • Warranty: 24 Month Free Replacement
  • Weight: 11.5 lbs
  • Length: 5.87 in
  • Width: 3.38 in
  • Height: 5.75 in

That little motorcycle battery MIGHT help... it looks like 12ah so don't expect much. Once you get your Smart3 it will be only a drag on your system imo unless you have a hi-output alt /w/ sufficient wire. Even then I'd recommend ditching it altogether and getting a pair of 65ah+ agm along with an upgraded alt (250a+)... That Smart3 IS surprising and will be a HUGE increase in power over the Ppi "SPL 5K"...:ROFLMAO:
Just research the filters on the Smart3 when setting it up... its basic, but seems to confound some people

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.