Midrange or Midbass?

Participant count
  • Participant list
In your front doors, would it sound better with a midrange/tweeter setup or a midbass/tweeter setup?
depends on the mid and the tweeter. If the tweeter can play low down to 3000hz and the mid leaves off around there, then its good.

Keep in mind If its a full on dedicated midbass only driver, its not gonna play anywhere above 1000hz cleanly or loudly if its just a regular all around midwoofer thats labeled as a midbass then you should be fine in most cases. Examples of midbass only drivers, exodus anarchy, JL ZR 800. These, you need to use them in a 3 way active front no questions asked, no tweeter can go low enough(unless you use a wideband mid/tweet but those are complete and utter **** for loudness), you need a dedicated midrange for these dedicated midbass.

All other mids that are labeled "midbass" but can play up to 3000hz to 5000hz are just regular midwoofers imo not true midbass.

I have midbass in my doors, and midrange and tweeter in my A-pillars. WORLD of difference.

Think...which I hate to say...of midbass as being a set of Beats by Dre.
Midrange as the SkullCandy or Jabra ear buds.

The midbass in a lot of cases sounds great, but something missing. Like Mariah has a cold.
But those midranges....oh...she'll hit those notes again.

Of course, this is just my non-professional opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.