Wtf is with people's used amp prices

The way this forum is
Some broke a$$ sold a certain type of amp or of a certain build quality for cheap once upon a time and now that is the base pricing

I dont feel I should sell quality $hit for stupid cheap because of said broke a$$ or because you cannot afford it

It is what it is pay to play or gtfo the playground
Infamous, I actually think your gear is normally at a respectable price. Seen that since I saw you come in to this forum in 08.

Do you actually understand what his challenge is for and represents? If you do not then i do encourage you to use that search feature we discussed earlier. There is a rather large thread about his challenge and I and several others discuss why it is the most irrelevant challenge ever made when considering anything audio.
processing is key in this "challenge". That is one of the biggest set backs of it. Anyone can alter a signal to match another and make it so close that the human ear won't notice a difference. Human ears are designed to cover up 60% of what we hear with what makes since to us anyway.
mother ******, I've been here since 07. Don't talk to me like I'm uneducated in car audio. Again, go make your $10k and prove me wrong. I've read the challenge a few times.

An unclipped, unprocessed watt is a watt.

I generally wont buy used audio equipment unless its so cheap that I can sell it for what I paid and break even or I make a profit. Just takes patients and people that are looking to move items quickly to buy something else.
Like how I grabbed my US Acoustics USA2200 for $85 shipped...and my Eclipse Premium 32430 for $83 shipped. I also got my big ol' Alpine MRV-1507 for $160 or something like that.

Enough said..LOL:D. Just buy what you can afford man.Ive stayed in the Zed group of amps, and dont think I will ever change.I do like the new Soundstream amps like the Rubi, and the Lilwonders,and even looking at the Okur line, as all the specs look just as good as the older mainstream amps, and seem to be affordable for a decent quality amp.But, just buy what you can afford, and let the people sit on the high priced stuff they have, and collect the dust.I have all the ones I have due to enjoying playing around with them, and not letting them go.I just like them,and have fun using them.Yet, if you see anything or anyonelse, just hit me up.Im reasonable, as some can tell you on here.I dont need allll of them..LOL:santa:

Like how I grabbed my US Acoustics USA2200 for $85 shipped...and my Eclipse Premium 32430 for $83 shipped. I also got my big ol' Alpine MRV-1507 for $160 or something like that.
NIIIICE man..Great deals!!Looks like you took time to shop around, as some do not.Nice finds man:banghead:

NIIIICE man..Great deals!!Looks like you took time to shop around, as some do not.Nice finds man:banghead:
Yep, took lots of looking and waiting. I got the Eclipse and Alpine on ebay, both work great and are in great shape. And I got the USA from someone on the forums...it had been up for a whole day and a half at diyma, and nobody grabbed it...I lucked out.

Wasn't directed specifically at you man. I've been looking and trying to buy one for a while now. And there's lots of people out there that think their shits made out of gold.
But now that you've brought that up..... Where are you getting $75 off? Price is $339 right now, and originally was $300 when they first came out. So not sure where you're getting $75 off.....
My amps quite literally are (well, a significant portion of them, anyways) :p Of course, I'm not selling them. Really old school Pioneer Premier Class A amps :yummy:

The way this forum is
Some broke a$$ sold a certain type of amp or of a certain build quality for cheap once upon a time and now that is the base pricing

I dont feel I should sell quality $hit for stupid cheap because of said broke a$$ or because you cannot afford it

It is what it is pay to play or gtfo the playground
I agree with this statement 100%, and will stand behind that comment.You want CHEAP, go to Walmart/Bazzars/China Hutt and get your stuff,way I see it.Its a shame that for example that i have sold an Alpine Duo-b 3523 on here that was reasonable,think it was like a 30x2, and sounds much better and louder than a new school amp that is 50x2 and cost more,and built like a paper plate.Shame man..really:boink:

mother ******, I've been here since 07. Don't talk to me like I'm uneducated in car audio. Again, go make your $10k and prove me wrong. I've read the challenge a few times.
An unclipped, unprocessed watt is a watt.
Which is true, but people quote it like that means Amp A = Amp B, which isn't true because everyone uses signal processing in one form or another.
That said, on a subwoofer amp especially (which is what most people buy amps for), those types of things are the least of your worries. The driver and enclosure are far more important than the amplifier.

Do you actually understand what his challenge is for and represents? If you do not then i do encourage you to use that search feature we discussed earlier. There is a rather large thread about his challenge and I and several others discuss why it is the most irrelevant challenge ever made when considering anything audio.
processing is key in this "challenge". That is one of the biggest set backs of it. Anyone can alter a signal to match another and make it so close that the human ear won't notice a difference. Human ears are designed to cover up 60% of what we hear with what makes since to us anyway.
I hate to turn this into another RC Challenge thread, but I guess I need to go back and re-read it because I just don't get what you guys are saying about it. I've read it several times and I didn't see anything about how he made the "good" ones sound crappy to trick people. Where is that info coming from? And the simple fact is that no one cashed in on it. Tricks, processing, using amps in a way not intended (which I still don't understand what that means)... it all boils down to nobody could hear a difference. How is it smoke and mirrors? What am I missing? Link me to the "RC Challenge exposed" thread or something.

I've done the challenge myself (as I satated). Critical listening on referrence material and I could NOT hear the difference between amps. Am I a world class SQ judge or expert? No. But that also means that I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that can run whatever the heck I want and be pleased as punch because I couldn't care less what the badge says on my gear.

I swear I'm not being argumentative. Lol. Just sayin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.