Wtf is with people's used amp prices

seedubs has a great point though, everyone thinks for the most part they can sell their ish for what it is new. on CACO some guy is selling two ufo btl motors for 250 a piece! wtf!? + ship

and a watt is a watt, for a sub. there is rarely any chance you can hear an audible sound difference on a sub. ive ran everything from $60 pioneers, to kicker, to alpine, to hifonics, audioque, sundown, and they all sound the same on a sub.

a watt is still a watt.

power is different. ratings mean nothing. tests mean everything.

****.....think I read that all backwards. My bad.

If he's saying there's no difference, I agree.

Reading apparently is >me

Richard Clark Amplifier Challenge FAQ
Look up the great amplifier challenge guys.

Facts:

If you aren't clipping, power output is the same, and you aren't utilizing any filtering, you are not going to hear any difference.

If you do, go collect that $10,000.

That's not to say it's going to be a good reliable, easy to use amp. Don't mistake it for that. That's what people pay more money for.

****** idiots on this site now apparently.
I have went over this several times.

This challenge shows nothing what so ever. Please use the search feature on this forum to find out the reason why as it becomes a very lengthy conversation.

In a nut shell, his "challenge" proves nothing when one is considering amplifiers. He even said so himself.

1. People who don't get the idea that their gear depreciates after it's used.

2. People trying to sell their broken **** for entirely too much.

3. People who don't get that after nobody has bought their crap after 6 months.....It just MIGHT be overpriced.

4. An unclipped watt is an unclipped watt.

That is all.

id run like heck from any of those chrome audiobahns...
Oh ya, how many USA CALIFORNIA MADE HCT Amps you see there friend? Have you ever ran theyre USA Comp Stuff, or the entry level S H I T?Or just Talking S H I T cause you could never afford the top notch comp grade equiptment back in the USA Made Grade,.That HCT A4125 was one of the best ever made USA GRADE COMP.You ever use that amp before?And for your tied tongue..I think I see several Zed Amps there,course your still pretty young and ******* on your mom T I T and know little of the generation,and talk smack of what you hear from people without using the amps yourself.Thats whats wrong with todays car audio world,cheap amps being massed produced, and people buying poor quality, and buying what people say to buy, cause.. its CHEAP!.Well fellas..thats what you get..CHEAP!People have talked crap about Audiobahn due to buying just as any other brand..Entry level crap/CHEAP, but if you buy the top grade stuff, you may find that things will last, and may even sound better??I will and do stand behind everything I have and sale regardless of any trash talking with the no experienced trash talkers.Im fair on all my prices of what I have and have sold throughout the yrs, and still do.

1. People who don't get the idea that their gear depreciates after it's used.2. People trying to sell their broken **** for entirely too much.

3. People who don't get that after nobody has bought their crap after 6 months.....It just MIGHT be overpriced.

4. An unclipped watt is an unclipped watt.

That is all.
I have answered all of these already.

Not sure what more you want.

BTW adding the 4th just makes it worse. You're actaully wrong even by that test's stardards

I have answered all of these already.
Not sure what more you want.

BTW adding the 4th just makes it worse. You're actaully wrong even by that test's stardards
Go make yourself $10k then man. The only difference is durability and processing (which can be turned off, and you can run your own crossovers effectively making a boss amp sound just like an audison).

And my first 3 statements are just me bitching. I don't care about your rebuttals. If used prices are as stupid as I've seen, I'll just buy new (I can sure as he'll afford it with my salary).

The way this forum is

Some broke a$$ sold a certain type of amp or of a certain build quality for cheap once upon a time and now that is the base pricing

I dont feel I should sell quality $hit for stupid cheap because of said broke a$$ or because you cannot afford it

It is what it is pay to play or gtfo the playground

Go make yourself $10k then man. The only difference is durability and processing (which can be turned off, and you can run your own crossovers effectively making a boss amp sound just like an audison).
And my first 3 statements are just me bitching. I don't care about your rebuttals. If used prices are as stupid as I've seen, I'll just buy new (I can sure as he'll afford it with my salary).
Do you actually understand what his challenge is for and represents? If you do not then i do encourage you to use that search feature we discussed earlier. There is a rather large thread about his challenge and I and several others discuss why it is the most irrelevant challenge ever made when considering anything audio.

processing is key in this "challenge". That is one of the biggest set backs of it. Anyone can alter a signal to match another and make it so close that the human ear won't notice a difference. Human ears are designed to cover up 60% of what we hear with what makes since to us anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.