Wtf is with people's used amp prices

I didn't really read the whole thread -- but used prices have crashed big time in the last 2 years from my observations... which I a big reason I stopped taking so many trades of other brand equipment as I was unable to offer a reasonable level of credit for them due to poor re-sale.
Oddly enough I listed a gray RF 1501bd on e-bay not long ago and it sold for about 400 dollars with shipping... buyers bid it up that high. I couldn't sell it on the forums for even 250 or so.
Agreed. I basically have to give stuff away every time I sell on the forums. Seems everyone wants everything half price, plus you gotta eat shipping. (which is HIGH these days) I dont really see where people are asking unreasonable prices for used equipment here...

The only time I really see what I would call unreasonable is when used prices are within $30 of a brand new item that you could get with warranty. Even if you've only run it for an hour, it's depreciated. Now if you can transfer warranty that'd be a little different.

People need to learn how to haggle. I listed an amp for sale recently on DIYMA and eBay with a price I knew nobody was going to pay, but if I listed it for what I was willing to accept I'd have gotten lowballed to hell and back.

I have bought stuff directly from a person and everyone want it then i put it right back up after buying it and no one wants it unless it's several hundred cheaper.. :/ .. it's always been that way for me lol. but then again 95% of my posts are in classifieds so.

I have bought stuff directly from a person and everyone want it then i put it right back up after buying it and no one wants it unless it's several hundred cheaper.. :/ .. it's always been that way for me lol. but then again 95% of my posts are in classifieds so.
probably because you bought it and immediately wanted to sell it. People don't have to do much research to see that and since they are skeptical anyways, they don't want to take the chance. It gives them the impression something is wrong with it etc. To them there HAD to be a reason you immediately wanted to get rid of it..... just some food for thought. I think we've all ran in to that before. I take trades on items and sometimes will trade for an item I think will sell easier. When it doesn't I always assume this to be the reason.

probably because you bought it and immediately wanted to sell it. People don't have to do much research to see that and since they are skeptical anyways, they don't want to take the chance. It gives them the impression something is wrong with it etc. To them there HAD to be a reason you immediately wanted to get rid of it..... just some food for thought. I think we've all ran in to that before. I take trades on items and sometimes will trade for an item I think will sell easier. When it doesn't I always assume this to be the reason.
I've went through 42 system in a month on here before.. lol I thought I was known for that by now just under my original name ( thelow )

People need to learn how to haggle. I listed an amp for sale recently on DIYMA and eBay with a price I knew nobody was going to pay, but if I listed it for what I was willing to accept I'd have gotten lowballed to hell and back.
That can work for you or against you. If I feel that I can get away with offering 10% to 15% less than what the seller has an item listed for, I may make an offer if the deal is worth pursuing. OTOH, if something is priced obscenely high for used gear, I'll just say screw it they must not want to sell and move on.

In fact, I have a couple of amplifiers that I was going to list, but, I'll net so little from the sale, it's not even worth dealing with the lowballers and hagglers. My general rule is I that won't even leave the house to ship something if it nets me less than $100. I see it as a waste of time for so little money.

if lanzar can sale it for cheap so can sundown or dc because I'm still trying to figure out why a dc 2.0 is worth 575 new! I can get a planet Audio BB 2400.1 for for 250 really dc 575 for a 2k lets get serious it half the reason why these amps are listed so high for re sale I mean cmom Jacob why is a sundown 2500 worth 815 new? I no the amp is under rated but not to the point of it being the price of 3 planet audio bb 2400.1s or 2 hifonics brz2400.1s make some daily driver amps Jake, rusty for people like me that can run on 15v max and do rated for a competitive price. Shi.t its a guy selling a powerbass xa3000 on caco for 300 shipped. Uses the same zenon boards as the expensive as.s amps and is the same quality amps as sundown, dc, skar,(skar really let me down with how expensive their amps are). This the number one problem why the prices are so high. These companies are selling these amps to high to begin with.

if lanzar can sale it for cheap so can sundown or dc because I'm still trying to figure out why a dc 2.0 is worth 575 new! I can get a planet Audio BB 2400.1 for for 250 really dc 575 for a 2k lets get serious it half the reason why these amps are listed so high for re sale I mean cmom Jacob why is a sundown 2500 worth 815 new? I no the amp is under rated but not to the point of it being the price of 3 planet audio bb 2400.1s or 2 hifonics brz2400.1s make some daily driver amps Jake, rusty for people like me that can run on 15v max and do rated for a competitive price. Shi.t its a guy selling a powerbass xa3000 on caco for 300 shipped. Uses the same zenon boards as the expensive as.s amps and is the same quality amps as sundown, dc, skar,(skar really let me down with how expensive their amps are). This the number one problem why the prices are so high. These companies are selling these amps to high to begin with.
Yeah that was me with the powerbass xa3000d for 300$ shipped and i got haggled about that price.....i couldent even get the 300$ when i sold it.....

understand the gripes lol. side note, only if some of you guys knew what i had to pay new for like a p/g m series or old orion amps back in the day lol, before internet sales.

People can charge what they want quit crying because its not an ok price for you.... I'm going to make a forsake thread just to spite you and have my kicker Sx amps listed for 1000.00 each

its not the prices on the amps that get me so much as the prices on subs...

subs in my honest opinion almost ALL of them these days are over priced crap....yet people want to sell a used W7 (for example) for over 300 dollars...pahaha

but lets get real unless i personally know the person im buying off and know the life and wear of the particular item is the ONLY way prices are justified on most used items in todays world...people want WAY too much id rather get it new and know the full life

i dont know how many hours or the clipping or ohm loads or drops or kicks or whatever just because something LOOKS nice and someone says only used a week...blah whatever

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.