Would my sub gain a bit of output with .10_.15 more cubic feet?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassDrop

Senior VIP Member
Hi guys, I was wandering if going from 1.75 to like 1.90 cubic feet would gain some noticeable output. The sub ill be running is an SSA XCON 10. Reason is i can make the bigger box but then passenger seat would get a lil bit uncomfortable and if it isnt much gain I can just make the smaller one and not deal with anything. Also what would you guys recommebd a 4inch pbc port or a bigger one? Thanks everybody in advancem

Definitely model it in winisd or bass box pro, 1.9cf is a pretty big box for a 10. Assuming tuning is the same for the 1.75 and 1.9, the larger box would shift the peak of the response curve a few hz lower and would allow xmax to happen on less power- because of that it should be modeled to see what the limits are.

Definitely model it in winisd or bass box pro, 1.9cf is a pretty big box for a 10. Assuming tuning is the same for the 1.75 and 1.9, the larger box would shift the peak of the response curve a few hz lower and would allow xmax to happen on less power- because of that it should be modeled to see what the limits are.
Sorry I forgot to say thats without the port and sw displacement. Thanks i really apreciate it

How much would anybody here charge me to map it out for me? Ill pay through paypal. I tried out WINISD and dindnt understand shizzz. Plus im in mexico right now and dont have a computer her3. Anybody?

How much would anybody here charge me to map it out for me? Ill pay through paypal. I tried out WINISD and dindnt understand shizzz. Plus im in mexico right now and dont have a computer her3. Anybody?
I'll do it for free later today after work, I just bought Bass Box Pro 6 so I can add an estimated in car response.

This app also calculates possible vehicle cabin gain and and vehicle peak frequency along with in projected in car response. Winisd on a mobile device. yes you have to input ts specs just like winisd.

29249759_1956135767762291_496946012707880960_o.jpg

What amp and port tuning are you planning?

Edit: what I learned after playing around with the Xcon 10 in BBP6 is that larger boxes have a huge spike in group delay between 23 and 33hz. Staying at .5cf to .75cf was acceptable group delay but then you run into the problem of needing over 20sq inches of port per cube which makes for a crazy long port length. You'll have to compromise between boomy sound lows and incorporating a port length of over 4 feet. As much as I love aeroports, this is one of those times when a round port will not work. All of this is based on 1750w rms to the sub.

Last edited by a moderator:
What amp and port tuning are you planning?

Edit: what I learned after playing around with the Xcon 10 in BBP6 is that larger boxes have a huge spike in group delay between 23 and 33hz. Staying at .5cf to .75cf was acceptable group delay but then you run into the problem of needing over 20sq inches of port per cube which makes for a crazy long port length. You'll have to compromise between boomy sound lows and incorporating a port length of over 4 feet. As much as I love aeroports, this is one of those times when a round port will not work. All of this is based on 1750w rms to the sub.
Amp is DD M1D. 1200W@12v and 1700w@14.4. Id go with 1200w tho aince my truck stays at 12v most of the time.I got the box built and i went with 36hz tuning. You were right about the aeroport theres bearly any space of clearance. I just hope it works lol if not well **** it w.e ill just make it into a sealed box. The box was 1.70 cf before sub & port displacement. Ive never experienced lows so I got no Idea if i like it or not. I just hope it sounds good lol.i went with that port tuning because of the music I listen to. I alsp bought the app Jeff said. Thanks to both of you guys.

This app also calculates possible vehicle cabin gain and and vehicle peak frequency along with in projected in car response. Winisd on a mobile device. yes you have to input ts specs just like winisd.
29249759_1956135767762291_496946012707880960_o.jpg
Thank you Jeff for helping out I really appreciate it. I went ahead and bought the app. Ended up tuning to 36hz. Used a 4"pbc with flared ends. Box volume is 1.70 gross. I hope it works tho since theres not much clearancw from port to walls. I just hope it works lol.

Hi guys, I was wandering if going from 1.75 to like 1.90 cubic feet would gain some noticeable output. The sub ill be running is an SSA XCON 10. Reason is i can make the bigger box but then passenger seat would get a lil bit uncomfortable and if it isnt much gain I can just make the smaller one and not deal with anything. Also what would you guys recommebd a 4inch pbc port or a bigger one? Thanks everybody in advancem
it depends on the sub, phasing, cabin gain, loading and a ton of variables need not mention. alot of times its not too noticeable and other times it can mean finding that sweet spot. i think with that drive 1.75 is a good size and you will get better lowend output and loose a tad of output uptop..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.