Too big of a box?

LetMyBeatPound

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Have a question about something. I just cut my subs up because I'm having them reconed tomorrow. The only real damage is to the coil former it looks like it has bottomed out quite bad a few times. Would the contact with the coil former cause my could minor Charing on the inside of the former. The actual coils looked to be in great shape still even the part that looks like it hit the bottom isn't even really bad looking it on the inside of the former it looks like idk what make melt spots or something but you can see where it was contacting n rubbing inside just in weird lil spots. I'll put pictures when I get home. Is it possible I just made my box too big and they aren't loading enough internal box pressure to keep from bottoming out.

I've played a few below that. I try not too tho. I just learned about this concept from a video that explained box rise and tuning and how they coralate to each other when it come to choosing gear and designing a box. Probably why Frank said these do best in a forth order. I have these stock recones for it, I am having a guy who does custom subwoofers. Frankenstein's Custom Subwoofers. I wonder if he would be able to add another spider to the stock drop in.

Really, nobody can say for sure about anything until you list net vol, or overall dimensions the volume can be found, and port area/length.

Looks like pair of 18's to me... lol

TGUvP3.jpg

Yea those spots feel like bubbles.... I will just have to go easier on them this time. Plus I have upgraded my electrical significantally since they first got messed up. So they shouldn't clip from bad electrical anymore anyway

Your box is only .75” thick for two 18s? Looks like triple baffle to me

1.Need thicker box

2.Need bigger box

3.Need bigger port

4. More power is never a bad idea lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.