Would my amp work with these subs?

Sterwee
10+ year member

Would this 1000 watt amp...:Amp Link.txt (its just a txt doc with walmart link)

...work with 2 12 inch audio Bahn subwoofers? I'm thinking of buying the speakers but I don't know if it would work.

The amp is 2 channel also if that matters.. i dont know anything. im an absolute newbie to this

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Amp Link.txt
    0 bytes · Views: 86
Need to know the voice coil configuration of the audiobahns.
How much are you paying for the audiobahns and how much for the amp?

I am buying both from different friends. i am buying the amp which is about 4 months old, for $100 with wiring. And i am buying the subs/speakers for $150 which are about 3 years old. He said the subs are worth 400 though.. so i dont know anything.

those subs are DEF not worth $400

for $150 if they are in good shape, and it sounds like you do not have the experience to determine if they are in good shape or not, then it is an ok deal.

However the amp is really junk and I think you can do better for $100.

There is a MA Audio listed right now in the classifieds here for $50 shipped that would be a better amp ad 1/2 the price.

Do you have a DMM? you should check the ohms on the coils on those subs before you buy them.

yeah, i am extremely new to this and couldnt know if i was getting ripped off or not. but ill look into the MA Audio amp. what makes it better?

also, what is a DMM? and ill try to check the ohms on the coils but i have no idea what that means either. BUT i do think i can check if they single voice coil or dual voice coil..

single vcs will have one set of connectors, dual will have 2. If its 2 we need to know whether they are 2, 4 or 6 ohm because that will determine whether that amp will work or not.

DMM=Digital Multi-meter. You can use it to check the voice coils. If the vc are burnt then one may read 3.5 and the other may read really low

It's important to know the vc configurations so you know what amp to get. a dual 4 can be wired to 2 or 8 ohms (though you would do 8). A dual 2 can be wired to 1 ohm or 4 ohms. If you are doing 2 subs then the d4 can be wired to 1 or 4 ohms. If its a d2 it can be wired to .5, 2, 8 ohms.

it sounds confusing, and it is at first, but its important to know what your getting.

Simple thing to do???? What does the Magnet say?? 400watts Dual 2 ohm voice coil??? Or ? AudiobahnAJ/AW ????? Give us that and look them up ??? That will help AAAAALOT!! Thanks.. The Aw series are the older subs,and my opinion the best series they made,and the aluminum cone.

I dont recommend that amplifier at all.You can find an old school amp that has plenty of power to push a pair of 3-500rms subs for under 150.00,a 60.00 alpine duo-b 3525,3548?? will out perform that sony amp all day long,and the db rating,and tdh is beyond to be compared??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.