Would my amp work with these subs?

Bump because I don't have time to look stuff up right now the other guys on here will def throw some suggestions at you. There is no "Best" sub/amp combo as a matter of fact most 2 members on here will have completely different suggestions based off personal opinions. The good news is that there are many good options and we'll give some to you our main job is to aim you away from bad decisions like that other setup. for $250 total you should be able to wind up with a pretty decent setup. You should be able to get a setup that is much louder and cleaner then the audiobahn sony setup.

I bought two of the newer type r 10's for $140 used off ebay and an audiopipe 1500d for $115 local. The 12's shouldn't be too much more used on ebay. You can get the same amp new for ~$140 from vmi with a code. With this setup your looking at around $320-$340, but you will still need wiring and a box. Its a little over your budget of $250, but just recommending the route I went with my budget build. Hope this helps.

I mean, im young so i have plenty of time to learn the business. lol. but for now, i really just want enough bass to where i can feel it. if i could get some subs that impressively bump, for the same price, i would be all over that. but ive heard my friends audiobahns and they were more than what i expected.

can anyone tell me what makes these subs crap? im not trying to make it sound like you dont know what youre talking about, i just want to know too.

and also, what makes the amp im using 'underpower' the subs? i think someone said that earlier. is it the watts of the amp and the watts of the subs? or what?

thanks!

The audiobahns have retarded baskets, the basket of a subwoofer determines many of the mechanical limits of the sub. Do those flame patterns look kool? yes do they make for a solid high performance basket? NO they do not. The Xmax is 7mm, you can do better on your budget I'd look for a sub around 10-14mm xmax. that will determine the subs xcursion capabilities. I'm not a fan of foam surrounds, even the high quality ones deteriorate over time, but they do tend to be louder. 400 watts on a 2inch or less voice coil is iffy. So you are better off underpowering them IMO. The softparts are cheap and won't last as long.

So they won't perform the best, and they won't last long....which is pretty much the opposite of what you look for in a sub.

DANGIT! why does it have to ****?? its so convenient. but okay. can someone tell me what the channels have to do with it? cause the amp suggested above it only 1 channel.. and two subs.. doesnt make sense to me

Well can someone tell me a good-as low as possible cost- amp that will work well with the subs i am buying? thanks! i know im probably getting annoying

Read the answers you have already been given.

A few people have suggested some equipment along with providing links.

We do not mind helping someone new to learn but if you are going to ignore what we tell you then....

Well can someone tell me a good-as low as possible cost- amp that will work well with the subs i am buying? thanks! i know im probably getting annoying

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.