Woohoo! My first sub! PICS!!!

This has really turned into a "what was your first sub" thread.

I'm gonna join in and say, mine was a JL Audio 15W0-8

followed by the old rockford fosgate punch 15's(like 150 watts rms), then Lanzar max pro or something.

Then my stolen PRs, followed by the JL again, until my next system.

i used to think the Rockford P2 Dual Voice Coil was going to hit twice as hard. So i sold my SVC 4 ohms and for $280 bought the 250 RMS/500 Peak P2's (second year models)

Then I upgraded from Xplod 1300 Watt Amp to Rockford 800.2 (the old school waffle grill looking one)

It banged pretty hard.

Flipped that setup for two 10" Infinity kappa Perfect DVQ's in a actual custom box.

Then being the idiot, I though a JL 500/1 was going to be 28374298347X better then the Rockford 800.2 and sold that to buy the JL.

It was a good setup. Got pretty loud.

Those subs were one of my favorite setups in terms of SQ and performance.

Reading through all of the posts makes me feel like I am one of the older dogs here...First subs were a pair of Sansui 15's with white baskets.That was back in 1989.

1st. system 2x 12" ultimates

2nd.2x12" kenwood exelon.(the ones with the purple fiber cones)

3rd. 15 orion 2NT

ever since that it was all kinds of 15's:)

Hey haven't been on since yesterday, but thanks for all the love lol. So I am pretty bummed, I don't get to make a box myself for this, which I really wanted to attempt. But there is a shop in town, and the owner is really cool. He knows about all the online brands, and used to sell RE before their new line up. But anyway, he is going to build me a 3.5^3 @ 32hz, flush mount, with carpet for only $100. He cut me a deal, I think he likes to see someone bring some variety in, this town is JL crazy like you wouldn't believe.

But anyway, that will be done Monday, so I will try to get some videos up on Monday for you guys to enjoy!

**** nice first, sure as heck beats out my first subs.... 12" Thump's believe it or not... the **** things really did take alot of abuse tho, my first vehicle (which i still have) was a 1970 Chevy Heavy Half, lowered, 383 stroker, nice truck but with the gas tank behind the seat and limited abilities at the time the best I could do was build a box, waterproof it (thanks to Thompsons) and bolt them into the bed firing towards the cab..... Sad I know.... but it's all i had to work with..... the worst part of it was I had a US Amps A50HC amp given to me for some work that I was powering them with and I kick myself every time I think about how I traded it for 2 Profile A200XL's..... tho at the time that 50HC would run the battery down while driving down the highway, the alty couldn't keep up so it seemed like a good trade at the time...... OP have fun with your's!!

nice, ive got mine waiting to go in as well. Just got a pdx 1000.1, ive got my ed nine.1 for sale now, 1200watts @ 1ohm @12.5 volts, so a bit better with a 14+volt charge

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.