Will the sub perform good?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drifter mike

CarAudio.com Recruit
Greece
Hello guys,
I want to buy a TRF M600.4AB amplifier (4 channels, 600 watt RMS max, max RMS power 4ohm 80W*4, max RMS power bridged 4ohm 300W*2) and a TRF VLSW123D2 Subwoofer (12'', 350 watt RMS, dual 2ohm voice coil) for my car.
And i want to connect the "2 voice coils" of the sub in series (so the impedance of the sub will be 4 ohms) and then connect the sub to two bridged channels of the amp. So actually the 350 W RMS sub will get 300 W RMS from the amp. (the other 2 channels will be connected to speakers).
Is this setup good ? Do you think the sub will perform fine?

Should do ok. The VLSW1222D2 would be a little better match for that amp though. Both subs would work, but you’ll be able to provide the 250 watt sub full power Instead of under powering the 350 watt sub.

Is there any danger of blowing up the sub though?
you could blow either one really. Running a clipped signal through your sub can blow it even at below RMS. if you set your amp gain correctly your amp won’t have to work as hard to push the 250 watt sub, and you’ll get full performance from your sub, as opposed to under powering and never getting full xmax from the 350 watt sub and possibly overworking your amp.

you could blow either one really. Running a clipped signal through your sub can blow it even at below RMS. if you set your amp gain correctly your amp won’t have to work as hard to push the 250 watt sub, and you’ll get full performance from your sub, as opposed to under powering and never getting full xmax from the 350 watt sub and possibly overworking your amp.
Ok now i understand, so it's better for me to get the 250 watt sub. I am actually new to car audio and don't know many things but your advices are really helpful. Thanks man!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...