Why go Old school?

And I didn't say all of today's amps won't be working in 15 years don't know but do know there is a reason that the old stuff last it is still around, harder to find cause no one want to let go of it don't blame em but I see a lot of ppl ***** about this new stuff not lasting even on here so you tell me I'm wrong ok opinions are like *** holes every one has one

And I didn't say all of today's amps won't be working in 15 years don't know but do know there is a reason that the old stuff last it is still around, harder to find cause no one want to let go of it don't blame em but I see a lot of ppl ***** about this new stuff not lasting even on here so you tell me I'm wrong ok opinions are like *** holes every one has one
Thejeep knows only half of what he speaks about.

Usually just trys to outsmart or seem sophosticated when he does not fully comprehend the subject.

To short the discussion most if not all of the best amps ever made were from back in the day.

They last as long as it is treated. But they WERE tougher then new amps.

Comparing new age amps is not easy as even hifonics the most brought down was once being built by a known builder.

So with that being said alot of amps still share old designs, bit not 100% due to the race to get a amp with the highest efficency.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

The issue I have and the main reason I didn't go PG. its heritage, I had old ZX amps.
Once a brand goes to the dumps and gets bought out they lose my trust. The stuff could be great now but I don't care. What I care about is all the garbage they made before AAMP bought them. It's a lot like Orion. Pre DEI now MD. Lost all trust in the name
This is making more and more sense as to why 90% of your thoughts make no sense and why you would go dd for a balls to the wall sq setup. If you had zx amps and didn't like them then something is wrong with your hearing. The m,ms,ti,zx,zpa,etc are all known for their great sound, power, and triple darlington circuitry. The only knock on any old pg is their use of caps that begin to leak over time. I still run my nickel 2250's in one of my cars as they are about as good as it gets sonically. Current draw be dammed 90% of the people on here are beefing up their electrical anyways to run their 5000 watt subs so they are even easier to use now.

This is making more and more sense as to why 90% of your thoughts make no sense and why you would go dd for a balls to the wall sq setup. If you had zx amps and didn't like them then something is wrong with your hearing. The m,ms,ti,zx,zpa,etc are all known for their great sound, power, and triple darlington circuitry. The only knock on any old pg is their use of caps that begin to leak over time. I still run my nickel 2250's in one of my cars as they are about as good as it gets sonically. Current draw be dammed 90% of the people on here are beefing up their electrical anyways to run their 5000 watt subs so they are even easier to use now.
Didn't say I didn't like the ZX amps. The stuff they made mid 2000s was trash. And this DD SQ setup will blow your mind. You do know DD does very well in the SQ lanes?

Didn't say I didn't like the ZX amps. The stuff they made mid 2000s was trash. And this DD SQ setup will blow your mind. You do know DD does very well in the SQ lanes?
Octane r, xenon, and rsd amps are quality amps as well. They are one of the few long lived companies who have done a good job of not putting out garbage amps over and over. You also have to understand that this isn't sundown selling to a select car audio type. PG is trying to make amps for every budget person just like many other mainstream companies. I have seen every brand under the sun do well in the sq lanes so that means nothing to me. kicker can easily compete in the sq lanes as well with great results.

I know they can't recone a sub to my likings. Hand built hahahaha

I'd buy some ZX500 amps. Lanzar is trash ? The old opti 50c was trash also to you ? It's amazing if it's not DD it's just not up to par smh.

I'd buy some ZX500 amps. Lanzar is trash ? The old opti 50c was trash also to you ? It's amazing if it's not DD it's just not up to par smh.
New lanzar opti amps aren't trash either. They probably won't put out rated but they will be clean and accurate. If I'm not mistaken they were one of the first to use zenon boards that everyone in the forums raves about.

I think there were gems in the earlier car audio days. As I think there are gems today. I prefer the gems I have of yesterday over some of the gems today. My gems are the punch 45, punch 150, punch 200dsm, punch 250.1 power, lanzar opti 200.2, lanzar opti 1000.1d etc.

Thejeep knows only half of what he speaks about.
Usually just trys to outsmart or seem sophosticated when he does not fully comprehend the subject.

To short the discussion most if not all of the best amps ever made were from back in the day.

They last as long as it is treated. But they WERE tougher then new amps.

Comparing new age amps is not easy as even hifonics the most brought down was once being built by a known builder.

So with that being said alot of amps still share old designs, bit not 100% due to the race to get a amp with the highest efficency.

Find me a high power old school monoblock. No actual commercially available 10k amp existed back then. Probably not even a legit 5k or 3k for that matter. You can't run OS amps for modern subs that are terribly inefficient. They're two separate beasts.

If you buy good brands these days, you will get a quality product.

Budget gear is budget gear for a reason. Do you think companies cut their own profit to save you money? Hell no. They sacrifice quality and/or performance.

Octane r, xenon, and rsd amps are quality amps as well. They are one of the few long lived companies who have done a good job of not putting out garbage amps over and over. You also have to understand that this isn't sundown selling to a select car audio type. PG is trying to make amps for every budget person just like many other mainstream companies. I have seen every brand under the sun do well in the sq lanes so that means nothing to me. kicker can easily compete in the sq lanes as well with great results.
I would like to see Kicker compete for SQ.. lol.

I know they can't recone a sub to my likings. Hand built hahahaha
What company?

Find me a high power old school monoblock. No actual commercially available 10k amp existed back then. Probably not even a legit 5k or 3k for that matter. You can't run OS amps for modern subs that are terribly inefficient. They're two separate beasts.
If you buy good brands these days, you will get a quality product.
Did you bother reading my comments?

Did i say the most powerful amps were made back then, NO i said some of the best made amps.

Its not surprising over time they have made amps that put out more power, there is such a thing called evolution.

Also what makes you think you cannot run an old school amp on new subs, were not talking 35% efficiency. Even the older amps did 75+% efficiency.

Back to your main comment, does the fact that there are amps that do 5k+ watts make you stray from the old school amps?

NOPE you choose not to run them because there are other amps that better suit your needs. Your comment really has no actual importance to the main subject other then your opinion of why you feel you do not want an old school amp.

Did you bother reading my comments?
Did i say the most powerful amps were made back then, NO i said some of the best made amps.

Its not surprising over time they have made amps that put out more power, there is such a thing called evolution.

Also what makes you think you cannot run an old school amp on new subs, were not talking 35% efficiency. Even the older amps did 75+% efficiency.

Back to your main comment, does the fact that there are amps that do 5k+ watts make you stray from the old school amps?

NOPE you choose not to run them because there are other amps that better suit your needs. Your comment really has no actual importance to the main subject other then your opinion of why you feel you do not want an old school amp.

Yes I read your comment, no I don;t think the best amps were made back then. If they were so great, why don't they still make them? Don't say the price, because people will pay for good quality.

I'm saying a few old school amps can't power a wall of 4" coil subs. Yea they may be efficient, but they were made for subs that were efficient. Modern subs are more focused on power handling, so we can throw lots of power at them and get loud. Power is cheap now. Back then, subs had to be more efficeint, because power was limited/expensive.

YES, that does make me stray from OS amps. Do people still use OS subs and amps to compete? Not too often.

Newer stuff is louder.

Yes, that is why I chose not to run OS amps.

You're talking strictly from a SPL stand point. Of course people are going to run newer gear as technology changed and you can get power for a lot cheaper now. If you look at it from a SQ stand point I'm pretty sure a lot of people still use old school amps.

Yes I read your comment, no I don;t think the best amps were made back then. If they were so great, why don't they still make them? Don't say the price, because people will pay for good quality.
I'm saying a few old school amps can't power a wall of 4" coil subs. Yea they may be efficient, but they were made for subs that were efficient. Modern subs are more focused on power handling, so we can throw lots of power at them and get loud. Power is cheap now. Back then, subs had to be more efficeint, because power was limited/expensive.

YES, that does make me stray from OS amps. Do people still use OS subs and amps to compete? Not too often.

Newer stuff is louder.

Yes, that is why I chose not to run OS amps.
In my sig.. at the bottom,,I placed, and ran for almost a complete year on each sub an Old School Autotek BTS 7050..Even at approx 3 years on some Old School USA MADE Cail. Made Audiobahn AW1008t pair of tens An Autotek Mean Machine 99,and for a solid year 4-AW1008t tens on two Autotek BTS 7150s(1 for ea set of subs).They arent all 4in coil subs, but they are all 1k rms and up subs, and those amps beat the Chit out of them on the daily.You give me 4 subs of a 4" coil walled up that will handle 2 ohms mono, and Ill bring my 99s, or 7150s, or 7300s and see if those old school amps will not push those subs?Or we can set up with Taylor Fade to run a test for us if he has the time?Or some onelse creditable.I trust my good friend on this Forum Spooney.?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.