Why go Old school?

It was modded and .25 when used. He did a 155.7 with a crown amp, don't bother looking at that amp. You don't have the room lol.

It was modded and .25 when used. He did a 155.7 with a crown amp, don't bother looking at that amp. You don't have the room lol.
Modded, I can understand.

Yea, the crown amp is 2 ohm. It looks cool, but many have said it isn't actually efficient. I think the single large power supply looks cool. It's a lot beefier looking than a Taramps 8k

I can fit long skinny amps, but not wide ones. I like the Ampere 7.5k's. Not sure how much wider the 8k's (10k's) are. If they'll fit, I'll get some at the end of summer (after much electrical upgrades and selling stuff).

I havent done any metering as i have been planning my wall and waiting on my alternator, but why do you ask because im sure you have had an experience in the past to prove some point.

You were keeping it interesting and killing my boredom at work.. And no michael got confused with an order and thought it was mine so i doubt its been built.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Just wondering if you know what it takes.

A

Thejeep knows only half of what he speaks about.
Usually just trys to outsmart or seem sophosticated when he does not fully comprehend the subject.

To short the discussion most if not all of the best amps ever made were from back in the day.

They last as long as it is treated. But they WERE tougher then new amps.

Comparing new age amps is not easy as even hifonics the most brought down was once being built by a known builder.

So with that being said alot of amps still share old designs, bit not 100% due to the race to get a amp with the highest efficency.

It's cute how, once you have been proven incorrect, your immediate reaction is to throw a baseless insult out. You pulled the same stupid schtick in the Meade thread. I would suggest you try and outgrow that fault. Many of us here, are here to help. But the stubbornness, lack of actual correct knowledge, coupled with the juvenile attitude you, and those like you, display, really hinders that. You're not only doing a disservice to yourself, but to all those you "try" and help. Bad information, when given, and taken as gospel, is a dangerous thng.

A
It's cute how, once you have been proven incorrect, your immediate reaction is to throw a baseless insult out. You pulled the same stupid schtick in the Meade thread. I would suggest you try and outgrow that fault. Many of us here, are here to help. But the stubbornness, lack of actual correct knowledge, coupled with the juvenile attitude you, and those like you, display, really hinders that. You're not only doing a disservice to yourself, but to all those you "try" and help. Bad information, when given, and taken as gospel, is a dangerous thng.
What was i incorrect about?

And I didn't say all of today's amps won't be working in 15 years don't know but do know there is a reason that the old stuff last it is still around, harder to find cause no one want to let go of it don't blame em but I see a lot of ppl ***** about this new stuff not lasting even on here so you tell me I'm wrong ok opinions are like *** holes every one has one
And what makes you think the stuff out today WONT last? Again, I'm asking for FACTS. opinions are garbage. Plain and simple. Here's a suggestion: do actual research yourself. Hell, a simple search of old posts from the beginning of this site will show that amps back then blew. the reason you see so many old amps still available is simple. The ones that gave up the ghost when new were already scrapped. What's left is working order. The simple fact that many amps back in the old school days had no form of protection actually means today's amps are MORE likely to be around in a decade than the predecessors.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

What was i incorrect about?
Would you like me to point out the flaws in only this thread or others?

And what makes you think the stuff out today WONT last? Again, I'm asking for FACTS. opinions are garbage. Plain and simple. Here's a suggestion: do actual research yourself. Hell, a simple search of old posts from the beginning of this site will show that amps back then blew. the reason you see so many old amps still available is simple. The ones that gave up the ghost when new were already scrapped. What's left is working order. The simple fact that many amps back in the old school days had no form of protection actually means today's amps are MORE likely to be around in a decade than the predecessors. 

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Would you like me to point out the flaws in only this thread or others?
Go ahead point all the flaws out while you have time.. Ive got time to hear your rambling of your thoughts and opinions

I'll start here.

Better insight to why old school..- Most hand built sold one by one- amps are still sold one by one. If you mean BUILT one by one, you're still wrong. They were assembled on an assembly line just like today. If you mean BUILT TO ORDER, YOURE STILL WRONG. Hifonics, ppi, pg, rf, Orion, us amps, us acoustics.. All produced in mass quantities. If you think otherwise... Well, that's laughable.

- The parts used were quality due to trying to be top dog- are you saying that's not done today?

- Alot were built here in the usa- yes, assembled here from foreign parts.

- Design was built around in stock parts daily- this sentence makes no sense, and is really a garbled mess. What Im pretty sure you're trying to say is "the design was built around parts carried in stock daily" is that correct?

Nowadays even tho amps have high efficiency it does not prove it is better. - efficiency is one of a number of factors determining an amplifiers quality. Dampening factors, s/n ratio, thd, freq. response, and many others all combine to make a good or bad amplifier. That said, a better efficiency DOES make amp "a" better than amp "b" all other things equal.

Placing higher effiency throws actual power out the door. Parts being placed in amps are parts available on demand and not readily made previous to build.- Wait... You JUST stated as a positive that amps were designed around parts in stock daily.. As a good thing in the "old school" plus section. Why is it now bad in the "new amp" section?

Machines build our chips compared to man like zed who did solder and such by hand. And humans have a much higher rate of error than a machine. This is not an opinion.. It is a fact. Why do you list this as a positive?

Older amps were capable of being abused to hell compared to new ones.- Proof?

Not to forget it was rare to receive a new amp that is defective due to better QA- are you saying that it's not rare now? Again, do you have ANY amount of insider knowledge on this subject, or are you going off what your buddy's buddys buddys dog told you last Thursday night? (That's a semi humerous attempt at asking if you actually work or have worked for any manufacturer or simply read forums and go to shows)? Read above. Opinions are worthless in this discussion. If you cannot prove what you say, don't say it.. It's bad info.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

You do know a few months ago you had no idea what you where doing.
That doesn't appear to NOT be the case now.. Does it?

You do know a few months ago you had no idea what you where doing.
I guess it takes stupid people like me 20 years to get up to your expertise.

Funny tho i have no problem figuring out the solution by researching. I must be a rocket scientist now.

I'll start here.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

You know i would have bothered to comment back on most of what you put, but i feel you should take the time to look at how everything was mass produced in that era. It was not the case of prebuilt boards where china workers come in and build it like a puzzle like it is these days.

One thing i do mainly have to comment on is how you remotely give off thr same attitude as NoLoud4U.. You must be boneing him...

I'll start here.

Also please try and prove me wrong with actual answers and not in the form of a question. You wanna burn me then do so, but in actual form of knowledge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.