Participant count
  • Participant list

deptic

400 watt RMS - 600 watt Max

sensitivity: 106.1 db

8 ohm

frequency range 300hz up to 6khz

12" mid range loud speaker

i want to run 2 of them, what amp can I use to run these?

these connected in parallel would be 4 ohm on the amp, right?

what amp can i use to drive these to their full potential?

based one these specs, their pretty loud, yeah?

also I want to run the new 15" L7 2 ohm kicker sub. 1200w RMS on a different amp. (just saying as side note haha) but it's only available some places off line. can't buy em online tho. that *****

If you're running one per side, then I would grab a high power 4 channel, and bridge each channel to a speaker. If not, get a either a two or 4 channel and run them bridged and parallel. But if you plan on using these to keep up with the 15, you're kinda overdoing it. For something like a party truck though? You'll need lots of port area to carry the distance these will. For the L7 amp? I recommend the SoundQubed Q1 1200. Beastly amp, especially for the price.

what you mean using them to keep up with the 15? you mean, using them so the noise from the sub won't over cloud them and i can't hear ntn from mids?

and nah it's for my car lol

and thanks for the sub amp recomm, altho i had my eye on the new KX1200.1 from kicker. ( KICKER | KX1200.1 Amplifier )

Do you know what those mid woofers are used for?
Why do you want a L7? The only thing new is how much cheaper they can make them and still raise the price.
mids are used for vocals/instrumentals/sound overall?? :p just louder than typical 6"/8"/10" ????

I'm guessing you don't like kickers haha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

Do you know what those mid woofers are used for?
Why do you want a L7? The only thing new is how much cheaper they can make them and still raise the price.
Round subs sound so much better too.

what you mean using them to keep up with the 15? you mean, using them so the noise from the sub won't over cloud them and i can't hear ntn from mids?

and nah it's for my car lol

and thanks for the sub amp recomm, altho i had my eye on the new KX1200.1 from kicker. ( KICKER | KX1200.1 Amplifier )
Kicker subs aren't good for the price man. But I've learned not to argue with Kicker fans. Those are overkill for your car. Majorly. Run some good 6.5s and good tweets and it'll do everything you need it for.

mids are used for vocals/instrumentals/sound overall?? :p just louder than typical 6"/8"/10" ????
I'm guessing you don't like kickers haha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif
They're overpriced. By a lot. Look into Sundown, SoundQubed, DD, DC, etc. Anything mentioned here.

Hey bro when you want to hear a real setup, hit me up anytime you are near the OC.

I'm not a kicker fan lol. but i just want quality powerful subs. not 2000w+ powerful, but 1000 - 1200w sub is fine. also, what is an overkill? the mids? if so, why is that? too loud?

what about soundstream woofers? are they good?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.