SQ Attempts

Participant count
  • Participant list
Fuggin Sexy
You might have jjust convinced me to have a center channel
I think even if Brad's vehicle had been recorded with a stereo mic setup, such as a Zoom H2, a video is not going to give anywhere close to a good representation of an MS-8 vehicle with 5.1 and Logic 7 active. I have a bunch of demo videos on my YouTube channel with MS-8 running 5.1 and not one of them is recorded in stereo. These kinds of videos basically demonstrate tonality and part of the overall balance of a sound system, but even that is suspect due to the way some mics will roll off the bass. If it's a smartphone you need to be using one designed for recording live music, as they will have a special microphone that won't be overwhelmed so quickly by high SPL. Look up the Nokia dual membrane 140 dB SPL mic as well as HTC One, as they ripped off Nokia.

I think even if Brad's vehicle had been recorded with a stereo mic setup, such as a Zoom H2, a video is not going to give anywhere close to a good representation of an MS-8 vehicle with 5.1 and Logic 7 active. I have a bunch of demo videos on my YouTube channel with MS-8 running 5.1 and not one of them is recorded in stereo. These kinds of videos basically demonstrate tonality and part of the overall balance of a sound system, but even that is suspect due to the way some mics will roll off the bass. If it's a smartphone you need to be using one designed for recording live music, as they will have a special microphone that won't be overwhelmed so quickly by high SPL. Look up the Nokia dual membrane 140 dB SPL mic as well as HTC One, as they ripped off Nokia.
So what your saying is. If i ever decide to get an ms8. i should without a doubt run the 8 channels as. Active front stage two ways. center channel, and rearfill(5.1). Then just split the rcas off one of the headunit preouts(make sure its playing the freq i want) and run my substage off the sub amps crossovers..?

So what your saying is. If i ever decide to get an ms8. i should without a doubt run the 8 channels as. Active front stage two ways. center channel, and rearfill(5.1). Then just split the rcas off one of the headunit preouts(make sure its playing the freq i want) and run my substage off the sub amps crossovers..?
If the vehicle came with a center channel or an empty spot for it, use it. If the rear speakers are buried at the bottom of the rear doors then the rear fill with Logic 7 is going to go largely to waste. The rear speakers (assigned as sides) work great with speakers mounted in the rear deck of a car. The sub needs to go through MS-8. With an aftermarket head unit MS-8 only needs the front 2 full range channels.

Since this thread looks like it may be deleted or locked please pm me if you have more questions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bradl79

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
bradl79
NLR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date