Who Makes The Best Amps?

This is an unanswerable question. They all have such a wide variety of products ranging from ****, on up to very nice, it's hard to say. Rockford's new **** is very nice, but doesn't have any recent entries in the 1000w monoblock area, but the Punch EQ is really nice. Alpines new PDX amps are bad ass, but lack a lot of mid-range. Drum sweeps, and the like, sound very flat on PDX amps, when you can hear them. JL Audio's G-series is 'eh' at best, the HD-series is nice, but nowhere near worth the money, and the Slash series is bland, but solid. Don't know **** about Kicker, don't want to, don't care or give a ****. I ****ing hate Kicker, and everything they do.
kicker would kick you if it read that. they dont call em kicker for nothing

A couple pages back, someone asked if anyone was running JL 600/4 on good comps.

I can vouch for this combo - I actually "upgraded" from a pair of PG TI 400s to this pair of JL's. I can honestly say that the SQ has improved at low listening levels. But, I can also safely say that the PG Titanium (and Xenon) amps were amazing. If you can get your hands on some of these, deal with their finicky voltage and space constraints (they love line drivers or high volt and alot of air), then your in for a treat.

Im going to stick with the JL's because they are already installed and sound great. But if you stray across some Titanium (or ZX) PG amps, Id strongly consider them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.